5 point pattern trading

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by phillyflipper, Aug 24, 2007.

1. BOL BAUSCH AND LOMB "Crab Pattern" This pattern is bullish
    but very scary to go long with that steep decline. the best trades are the ones that look like you are crazy for taking them.

Things look easy in hindsight but you need to know in advance that these patterns work (60-70%) You don't have to buy the bottom as most will miss it, but the pattern tells you you can
    look for a long entry as close as you can get to point D

#21     Aug 24, 2007
  2. HAD WE DISCOVERED THIS Bullish "CRAB" in the biotech index $btk back on March 6,2007 we could have been better positioned in Biotech stocks for the ensuing rally.

#22     Aug 24, 2007
  3. I would take a stab going long on that AMGN chart. You have a trendline break to the upside happening, although on low volume.

#23     Aug 24, 2007
  4. Thank you Condor. By combining two methodologies we now have a more compelling reason to consider Amgn on monday.
    THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

#24     Aug 24, 2007
  5. Not really, My trendline break scan would have found that without having to draw butterflies, and would have saved aboout 4 days of "dead money".

Check the attached marked up chart

#25     Aug 24, 2007
  6. Corning GLW now is not the time to go long. May be time to go short on a move back to 25. Chime in Condor. I believe this qualifies with your trend line break

#26     Aug 24, 2007
  7. you are tough Condor but at least constructive

#27     Aug 24, 2007
  8. I would definately NOT short here, GLW is at 200 day ema/sma support.

Neutral or maybe long.

• glw.png
      File size:
      144.5 KB
      Views:
    #28     Aug 24, 2007
  9. OK. I can deal with that. Maybe the move is over from the pattern trigger or maybe we retest 27.00 and then fail. Lot of possibilities. For the hard line pattern trader if they caught this short near the 27.00 area they would consider this a short trade
    until it breaks 29.00. i know you do not agree with the methodology but I am just pointing out the trade

#29     Aug 24, 2007
    #30     Aug 24, 2007