$5 homes for Katrina "victims" courtesy of the US taxpaer

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 3, 2009.

1. They need somebody to rally behind (like the Germans in the 1930s).

#21     Jun 3, 2009
  2. LOL. You just mentioned all that is wrong with the USA as well. We are [becoming] poor for the same reasons!

They are "being suppressed" because they lack leadership and direction.

I am trying to become integral and world-centric like Ken Wilber suggests we all have the capability of being but the truth is the truth. Statistics do not lie.

We sold our souls to the sons-of-b*tches we beat in the American Revolution.

I am from the south and you need to watch Gone with the Wind if you want some truth as to who the real "racists" are.

#22     Jun 3, 2009
  3. Africa used to be prosperous when it was control by whites. Blacks were more civil and spoke with repect to each other and to white people.

then slavery ended....

#23     Jun 3, 2009
  4. You take your history lessons from a movie??? If Mammy had said most of what she said, in real life she would have ended up with no feet like Kunta Kinte.

#24     Jun 3, 2009
  5. I wonder when he'll announce all the free money and housing for the 2008 Iowa flood victims. I think it was 2x as bad as the NO flooding. Oh wait, that's racist, sorry...

http://www.iowaflood.com/

#25     Jun 3, 2009
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Katrina.. yeah... where the frigging Democrat state governor didn't know she had to call the Feds to get some help, where the state and /or city of New Orleans had been given the money specifically to upgrade the levees to cat 5 strength and the frigging Democrats never did it, they diverted the money to something else.. where Democrat Mayor Nagin had no plan and left people with no transportation out, where the police departments could not get their acts together enough to help people get out.. and it's Bush's fault... fucking Democrats turn my stomach...

#26     Jun 3, 2009
  7. Agreed, I am an equal opportunity critic. It was a joke they re-elected Nagin. A trading buddy of mine, from a good ol' boy state Texas, told me when he bid jobs in LA never won anyone. It's more corrupt there. If you aren't from LA you won't be awarded. It's one of the most if not the most corrupt states there is.

That said you are kidding yourself if you want to overlook the response from "Brownie" and Bush. "Doing a great job Brownie!" was the line I recall. Another example of blatant cronyism. That guy had no business being in charge of FEMA. For the same reasons he deserves criticism so does Nagin. An incompetent politician is just that whether it be Democrat or Republican.

It's' funny to see some of the responses on ET often. So extreme and partisan. Objectivity is key.

#27     Jun 3, 2009
  8. Mnphats

Mnphats

New Orleans should have been a liberal utopia. A conservative hasn't set foot in New Orleans in a long time. If I remember correctly, the city had busing lined up but it was a yellow school bus. Not a charter bus like Nagin wanted. Its surprising how local governments completely get a pass. "New Orleans is a chocolate city. "

#28     Jun 3, 2009
  9. Eric215

Eric215

Must be nice to be able to post a completely unaware and sweeping judgment of a class of people that live a life in which you have never experienced. It's always easier to judge from across the pond. I am not going to debate this with you as I'm quite sure from reading your post that your racism is so ingrained that you probably just see the entire black race as lazy, and what you would really like to say is "they should all go back to Africa". When in actuality it is a social problem, and not a skin color problem at all. If the social structures of these area's change the people will change. It is a self reinforcing cycle that will take the collective of all Americans to break. Preaching hate and blaming "Black America" is about as ignorant as me blaming a Southerner for liking grits and speaking with a drawl. Another words, an individual will behave and mature into that which is constantly influencing them from their immediate environment. If you are not black and born out of a poor inner city area then you have no right to judge, but as an American you could offer, at least, your understanding and patience for a subset of America that was treated like dog shit until just a few short years ago. If this is too big a leap for you then the next best thing would just be to say nothing and stand aside, because your hate and complete lack of awareness on this issue is doing more harm then good. With all due respect of course.

#29     Jun 3, 2009

10. How much patience and understanding is still necessary. Does it entail black America getting away with murder? It shouldn't anger me that there are 2 year old while children dressing up like black prostitutes? Just let the rappers say and sell whatever they want... after all they are just artists, right?!

They have already taken over the entire popular culture... It's ENOUGH!

It may not be a racial problem but it IS a cultural problem. Africa does not have the intellectual nor cultural back-bone that Europe ever had. This is something that one is not allowed to state. Is it however an indisputable fact. I don't see white people pumping their vains with monkey blood and spreading AIDS throughout the world. But I'm sure some libtard will blame colonization or UNICEF for all of Africa's plight... anything that will provent them from having to take reponsibility for their own actions.

#30     Jun 3, 2009