5 Harsh Truths No Crypto Investor Wants to Hear

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Nobert, Nov 29, 2019.

1. I actually have very little interest in RL and neural networks although my avatar was made by a GAN. mondrian random forest, causal forests, ensemble methods in general for regression are what interest me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    #41     Feb 16, 2020
  2. I wouldn't put a huge bet on it but I could see close to the day of reckoning USDT market cap pushing ETH market cap for #2.

#42     Feb 16, 2020

3. He should be prosecuted for just looking creepy.
    When I opened my Twitter account and started searching for FINTWIT users, he was one of the first to follow me. Then he told me his stock recommendations would be tweeted the next day. I could barely get to sleep that night.

If I recall, he was promoting himself as a 19 year old hedge fund manager and someone traced his ISP address to a trailer.........lol

#43     Feb 16, 2020
  4. You are one of the few people that recognize the changes. I am amazed at the progress of smartphones and auto technology. There is no telling what we will be doing in 5 years.

How do you get 11% interest? When I saw 'crypto stable coin' I immediately thought of DAI, but I am not aware of anyway to earn 11% interest on the coin. Can you elaborate?

When you mentioned the industries it is creating, are you talking about blockchain and how it is used to inventory items and payments ? Or something new to me?

How do you do your trading? With Coinbase, if I buy or sell a coin, I have to wait 2,3 days before it is available to trade again. It's hard to be aggressive and reactionary when you have those requirements. I don't recall the margin requirements for BTC on the Comex, but I want to say that when they initially started trading them, they required a 50 percent margin. Is it still that high?

Thanks

#44     Feb 16, 2020
  5. lol are you kidding me? Everyone believes this. The second industrial revolution is almost becoming its own category on Amazon there are so many books being wrote about it.

5 years is the difference between the Iphone 6 and Iphone X.
    128 gig vs 256 gig.

Peter Thiel (who also believes bitcoin is massively undervalued I might add) has a quote:

"We were promised flying cars, instead we got 140 characters"

We have mostly had massive stagnation and such a lowering of the bar of what constitutes innovation.

If you think 2025 is going to be so different than today you are going to be really disappointed.

#45     Feb 17, 2020
  6. I was talking about the 5th Industrial Revolution. Most people on the street don't even know what you are talking about it you mention this.

I think there will be bigger changes. I never conceived of Alexa, I always thought self driving cars were a fantasy, solar shingles were science fiction, door bell cameras were something I never considered and so were smart thermostats that sensed movement and room occupancy.

#46     Feb 17, 2020
  7. Nice, found your way to Google to pick up some random phrases about ML and Crypto.
    Now go check how the 2nd industrial revolution was in the late 1800/early 1900... It’s core components being gas and electricity.
    Or just realize your in over your head and stop trying to think you have an intelligent counter point. Save yourself, it’s sad.

#47     Feb 17, 2020
  8. I trade on a wide variety of exchanges, a lot derivative based...FTX,Deribit, BitMex, Kraken, Binance, Itbit, Coinflex, OKEx, Liquid ...some others.

For the higher return rates you want to look in the Defi world. You can lend or borrow there just need to shop around for rates.
    Even on Coinbase you can get over 5% on Tezos, but you’re subject the price movement. Shop around and it’s pretty easy to get 7-11% on various Stablecoins.

If you’re trading on Coinbase Pro, leave. Their rates are to high. If you want a solid US based exchange you can’t beat Kraken and Itbit, Binance US isn’t bad either.

I mostly use exchanges outside of the US, they’re simply better in many ways.

#48     Feb 17, 2020
    johnarb and DallasCowboysFan like this.