5 Harsh Truths No Crypto Investor Wants to Hear

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Nobert, Nov 29, 2019.

1. johnarb

johnarb

As someone who's invested in cryptos and has skin in the game, there are more positive things going for cryptos/ digital assets than negative stuff listed on this thread. Keep spreading fud, though if it makes you feel better about missing out.

Bitcoin’s price may be evaporating, but Wall Street players are embracing it like never before. The owner of the New York Stock Exchange has begun Bitcoin futures trading, Fidelity is expanding its Bitcoin custody business, PricewaterhouseCoopers is auditing crypto funds, Davis Polk & Wardwell is giving them legal advice, and Marsh & McLennan is helping companies get insurance. All the boldfaced names are on board.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/bi...ty-means-it-doesnt-have-investors-51575046692

#11     Nov 29, 2019
    DallasCowboysFan and Trader Curt like this.
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Time will tell, if those of us who missed out are “suckers” or those of you who did not are “fools”.

#12     Nov 29, 2019
  3. 1. In a World of Bitcoin Experts, Nobody Knows Anything -.......... True, BTC is shrouded in secrecy and 90% of all the BTC is mined in China. But BTC is only 1 of 3800 coins. And it's usefulness is limited. It only exists because the name is popular and people speculate with it. The only thing it is good for is speculation and using it to buy other coins.

2. You’re Here Because of Emotions, Not Shrewd Financial Acumen - ......... No, there are good reasons why cryptos are not going away. Emotions ruled the day in December of 2017, but that was 2 years ago. There are a lot of reasons why BCH, XRP, XLM and others will continue to do well and survive the shakeout of cryptos. Last month China announced they are going to create their own digital currency. Other nations will follow.

3. Most ‘Expert’ Opinions are Bought and Paid For - ........... Can't disagree with you there. There is a lot of pumping and dumping in cryptos. As well as Amazon reviews.

4. Decentralization is a Utopian Pipe Dream - ............ Eventually, there will be an exchange similar to the Comex or NYSE dedicated to cryptos. It will come after the shakeout.

5. Crypto is a Bubble: At Least 95% Of All Projects Will Fail - ........... Gotta agree. A lot of them are pure crap. Doge coin, Dent coin, Campus coin. Who the F is going to buy a crypto just to pay for their dental bill or buy books and pens on a college campus? But Ripple / XRP is being used for banks for clearing and many other coins are being adopted by other industries for specific purposes. BTC is too labor intensive, uses too much energy, takes too much time to clear and most of the mining is done in China, so it could be manipulated by the government in the future.

Many coins - most - will wash out, but the top 50, perhaps the top 100, most of them will survive the long term. When Deutsche Bank collapses - and it will, the Euro will collapse. People will buy dollars, Pounds and cryptos to preserve their wealth and hide money from the tax man. When that happens more scrutiny will be paid attention to cryptos and the weak ones will die off. But, they aren't going away. I was buying something at Target this week and I paid cash in the self check line. I was wondering how much longer it will be before companies charge you a dollar extra for using cash, the same way that some gas stations charge you 2, 3 percent extra to buy gas with a cc. It is more labor intensive for companies to use cash. Eventually, it will be all digital; cc, debit or apple pay. And I honestly don't think that day is more than 2, 3 years away.

But cryptos are not emotional any more. A lot of smart money is investing in them.

#13     Nov 30, 2019
    johnarb likes this.
  4. clavell

clavell

if you could buy p&ssy, a gun, and booze with crypto - it's real
    if you could pick up some cryptocoin before your flight land in a different country and take it out back in local cash it's really real
    if law firms have crypto practices and wall street trying to monetize it - now its dirty. Just like real money.

#14     Nov 30, 2019
  5. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Your thread is pointless, the same truths can be said about the normal stock market. And next time do you want to evaluate more besides just making statements? This thread is an epic fail...

#15     Nov 30, 2019
    johnarb likes this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

You clearly haven't done your research. You can buy all those things and more with bitcoin. Did you know you can buy an apartment complex or a multi-million $ mansion with bitcoin? Also gold or any PM, any hotel, any flight, any vacation package, any fine arts, any electronics, you should really ask what you cannot buy with bitcoin.

I highlighted a quote from your post, bro, that is the biggest thing with bitcoin, you can have $10M worth (or even a $1B) and cross any border and cash out anywhere in the world. At least do some research.

#16     Nov 30, 2019
  7. You are just oblivious.

#17     Nov 30, 2019
  8. Nobert

Nobert

I absolutely agree RedDuke.

The things that i disagree tho, is the most absurd, brainwashed ideas like, that some of the coins will reach 1 million in ten years, coins will remove current currencies, some say even gold, and etc.

Simply put, stupid statements, without any rationale.

#18     Nov 30, 2019
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  9. clavell

clavell

Ummm, right dude. I was sayin it’s real brah.

#19     Nov 30, 2019
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  10. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Say no more...

#20     Nov 30, 2019