5 Golden Rules of Trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mark04, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Why do you make so much efforts to defend currency bucket shops?

There is only one reason I can think of: you work for one of the currency brokers.

These currency brokers are capable of any kinds of scams. I remember they even got CNBC to carve out $100,000 for currency trading in the 1 million dollar stock trading contest (that made a lot of traders disgusted).

These scam brokers will do anything, including trolling on ET and other online forums.

#41     Oct 21, 2009
  2. hahahaha, lol :D

Oh ok if it helps you sleep tonight, every day is a down day, I'm living in my car, and I trade from PCWorld! :(

There, how's that! :mad:

Go on, I'll break the habit of a lifetime and let you have the last word......god the things I do and the sacrifices I make for a quiet life, it's not easy being me!

#42     Oct 21, 2009
  3. BPTrader: cabletrader officialy resigned from his Oanda-shillment ship some time ago (jpy fiasco, if i remember right). I'm the official oanda shill here nowadays.

#43     Oct 21, 2009
  4. Ummmm, yeah, what you said........night night! [​IMG]

Oi Stumm where's this month's shilling check, parking lots aren't free you know!

#44     Oct 21, 2009
  5. TheMan

TheMan

there you have it folks

words of wisdom from the man himself

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45     Oct 21, 2009
  6. Here you go Pip, I know you love these blotters!

Not exactly a down day but the best I could do at short notice.....a losing trade on Usd/Jpy at 08:21 for a couple of pips (trying to help someone out! :D )

169 pips

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#46     Oct 22, 2009
  7. ......ps, I know I said I wasn't accurate but check out those pending orders at 05:27 and t/p at 06:23!

#47     Oct 22, 2009
  8. That blotter looks stubborn. It MUST go up at some point, right?

How did you determine that it AUD is a buy today anyways. Looking at the chart, you probably could have done the same thing on the short side (making the position 'cheaper' until its finally in profit). Do you use martingale or similar?

#48     Oct 22, 2009
  9. Now you're cookin', long or short it can still make money, my point exactly, it's not all about direction!

The majority of traders spend all their time and energy searching for an indicator to tell them which direction to trade. The majority consistently lose.

I've always said that direction isn't the most important thing in trading. Mastering psychology, money management, and strategy come first. Even with good trading signals and/or market analysis the majority will still lose money.

Martingale, no.
    Compounding intra-trade gains by using them for additional risk, yes.

Stubborn, no.
    Patient and confident, and trading with a flexible adaptable strategy, yes.

Keep 'em coming this is good, challenging my approach will either encourage me to have second thoughts about what I'm doing and how I'm doing it or it will reinforce and confirm my existing approach.

Who knows, it may even encourage someone else to take a peek outside the box......

#49     Oct 22, 2009
  10. not trading with fresh real cash yet...at least I'm being honest!

#50     Oct 22, 2009