5 Golden Rules of Trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mark04, Oct 19, 2009.

1. iuykcif

iuykcif

:)))

Talking of futures, anyway, today I am doing quite well (see realtime picture).

later I will post the trades at the usual place.

Tom

• now.gif
      File size:
      87.7 KB
      Views:
    #11     Oct 19, 2009
  2. Looks good, real or demo? Real I think, yes?

Here's mine for 87 pips....

[​IMG]

#12     Oct 19, 2009
  3. iuykcif

iuykcif

Thanks. I like it too. I am paper trading at this very moment 2 different Algos.

In this case i expect real trading to be even better than paper trading, considered the liquidity of the instruments involved, and the fact that Paper Trading does not respond well as real trading.

Situation now of the <a href="http://www.datatime.eu/public/gbot/2009Oct19/default.htm" target="_blank"> robot </a>

#13     Oct 19, 2009
  4. cabletrader: at what level would you have cut your losses on that eur/usd trade? Personally i could never trade this way (not with any kind of size anyways).

#14     Oct 19, 2009
  5. Never having traded anything but spot forex I'll take your word for it, I always thought paper responded better than live so that shows you how much I know! :)

How long have you had it running?

#15     Oct 19, 2009
  6. Fair comment, it was to hedge a long Aud/Usd but I'm selling Eur/Usd up here anyway, right up to just above 1.50 (to allow for stop running) with a stop above 1.60 (same thing). The trade is planned so risk is known in advance like any other trade, I just adjust trade size to remain within reasonable risk parameters.

Risk:reward is often skewed but when you take into account win:lose, and part of the risk is from previous intraday trades that day (my unorthodox way of compounding!), then it pans out.....trust me :)

I'm not an 'entry/stop/limit' kind of trader as accuracy isn't my strong point, I'll only use a stop in an emergency if I can't trade my way out of a loss or my risk percentage is hit, other than that anything goes!

Trading is a game of strategy for me, not accuracy.

Disclaimer: don't try this at home without suitable safety equipment and a fire extinguisher at hand!

ps: trade size is relevant to equity, 1% is 1% regardless.

#16     Oct 19, 2009
  7. iuykcif

iuykcif

No, actually sometimes in paper trading filling is slow or delayed and bid/ask take strange values.

You can see some history there, going back "home". I am continuously perfecting the algos trying new variants.

If you mean how long it takes to make it, let's just say its a prohibitive effort of several years.

We discussed these algos some time ago in the journal forum, and several experts contributed with nice ideas, which I have tried to incorporate, like projecting a 2 account algo onto 1.

Tom

#17     Oct 19, 2009
  8. Interesting stuff Tom, I'd be no help at all, as soon as you mentioned algos it was a foreign language to me!

Good luck with it!

#18     Oct 19, 2009
  9. iuykcif

iuykcif

are you with IB by any chance ?

#19     Oct 19, 2009
  10. Algos.
    That's whats-his-names dog from Greek mythology?:p

#20     Oct 19, 2009