5 expensive trading courses 4 sale (cheap)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Samson77, Dec 19, 2003.

1. I have one even funnier....How about telling an auditor you spent $20.99 on a marketsurfer T-shirt! LOL!!!

best,

ChartingMarkets :D

#11     Dec 20, 2003
  2. All of you guys are laughing at Samson...and I`m over here feeling sorry for him. If he had known better he could have spent that 14k on the "School of hard knocks .Trading101. course". These so called "trading gurus" who shill out courses for K`s of dollars with no guarantee should be banned from the biz.....

#12     Dec 20, 2003

3. thanks for the purchase, and no they are not tax deductible !

well, maybe you could use it as a market talisman then.......

maybe. LOL !!!

take care,

surfer :D

#13     Dec 20, 2003
  4. #14     Dec 21, 2003
  5. almotor

almotor

samson- good one- at least u are getting something back.............

Problem is that some of these are software or seminar based, so the manual is not that worthwhile.............I have a few of these as well-

Anyway, good on u.

Al

#15     Dec 21, 2003
  6. mojo59

mojo59

Marketsurfer this is scary but that is exactly what I am doing right now. I am being audited for 2001 and in my naivete paid $6,000 to TCI for "Training"in early 2001. I just had that conversation with the auditor a few days ago. I am really embarassed to admit it. A real live and learn deal. I wish their was a smiley face guy for "Duh!"

#16     Dec 21, 2003

7. man ! i wish you well, keep us posted if they allow the deduction.

good luck !

surfer :eek:

#17     Dec 21, 2003
  8. I don't know why you'd be embarassed. It was an education expense. What is there to be embarassed about? You did something to try and improve your business. There are probably many guys out there with MBA's that would tell you they wasted their money too. How about when you sell a house. The realtor gets 6%... for what? Putting the home in the MLS and sitting back doing nothing. Yeah, that's money well spent.

Show me one person in this business who says he hasn't done something he regrets that cost him a bundle, and I'll show you a liar.

Good luck.

#18     Dec 21, 2003
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

I had!

#19     Dec 21, 2003
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

may be we had meet, I think the fee could be as education fee if you are investor and as expense if you are trader.

#20     Dec 21, 2003