5 Changes I Made That Had A HUGE Impact On My P&L.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JamesEM, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

very much depends on how you define "humble". Being outspoken but truthful is not the antonym of being humble. At certain points we should muster up confidence and speak out in order to point out falsehood and lies. That does not make one arrogant by definition, especially when one sticks to the truth and facts.

Maybe I misunderstood your comment, but I easily get confused with the term "inward looking". Japan is a very inward looking culture and nobody gets anything done because too few take a stance and stand up. It is one of the greatest cultures that is currently self-imploding and the passengers on the titanic realize it but nobody puts on the life saving vests or does anything to remedy the situation. Point being, being humble and inward looking is great but being truthful and confidently living in the truth is even greater.

#51     Oct 31, 2016
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. Simples

Simples

I think we have pretty much the same perspectives, just that you can use different words to convey the same meaning and vica versa. By "inward looking" for trading I mean that your results only depend on YOU, and YOU have to fix it, nobody else or the markets. So not meaning that in the sense of meditation, yoga and self-realization, which is an actively, individual and inherently undefined path. Self-indulgence and passivity is how spirituality is usually abused over time by the masses (ref. Japan, which I'll define not as implosion but explosion, but for over thousand years also fit India pretty well, and is a big explanation of predicaments over there as well.

Point being, often people cite humbleness as a huge virtue, but really it's more of the ultimate suck-up virtue, one that I admittably I'm pretty bad at, but nonetheless it's how you can win friends and influence people, on the cost of being honest and ingenious. Turns out for the most part, the world revolves more around making friends and sucking-up, than being honest and ingenious. Which, for me at least, paints humbleness in a pretty bad light, even though it is extremely pleasant to be around.

Truthfulness and confidently living is good in thought, but the world seems to depend on people being easy to deceive, short-change, and even maim and kill if you can get away with it (nowadays only large international corporations gets away with repeated murder, poisoning and stealing from the common wealths in otherwise civilized countries).

UPDATE:
    Honesty is the virtue that in the future will be a requirement at all levels. It will protect the innocent, and it will guide the misguided.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    #52     Oct 31, 2016
    CSEtrader and Zzzz1 like this.
  3. Thiefty%

Thiefty%

@JamesEM How is your Nth combine doing ? Finally in sync with your misplaced ego ?

#53     Nov 7, 2016
    JamesEM likes this.
  4. algofy

algofy

He just got funded by TST.

#54     Nov 7, 2016
    JamesEM likes this.
  5. Thiefty%

Thiefty%

Amazing.

#55     Nov 7, 2016
    JamesEM likes this.
  6. algofy

algofy

You seem butt hurt.

#56     Nov 7, 2016
    JamesEM likes this.
  7. Thiefty%

Thiefty%

Nope. I am happier trading my own money with my own brokers with my own rules and enjoying 100% of my PnL.

It's truly amazing for James. Now ... he's as good as his last trade with them.

#57     Nov 7, 2016
    JamesEM likes this.
  8. algofy

algofy

What's your point?

#58     Nov 7, 2016
    JamesEM likes this.
  9. Thiefty%

Thiefty%

Butt hurt. No. I am not injured.

#59     Nov 7, 2016
    JamesEM likes this.