5 Changes I Made That Had A HUGE Impact On My P&L.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JamesEM, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Thiefty%

why do you think he is biased?

#31     Oct 25, 2016
  2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

This is "humbletrader"? Lmao. Aside the fact that half of his claims are obvious fabrications. Nobody risks 70% or so of his entire account each time on single positions and survives all too long. Especially not on on options where the ENTIRE investment is gone when things go wrong and occasionally things go wrong, that is just the nature of this business. Claiming that one has never been subject to unpredictable events that disfavor one's trading position is so disingenuous, I don't even know where to start. You, sir, are making up stories when you claim you risk 1/3 -70% of your entire account on single positions and survived for more than a year. You might get a few lucky ones but eventually the law of large numbers always catches up on crap. And by he way this comes not from someone who had a 1mnl buying power at some prop shop but who traded and managed the risk of multi hundred million dollar portfolios of derivatives at banks.

Risking to be attacked I dare call out BS. It misleads novices and gives completely wrong hope to the hopefuls.

PS: Apologies to @JamesEM, I don't mean to further detail this thread but I believe when someone is making outright wrong claims he should stand up to scrutiny. In this case I call out @humbletrader2016 's claims.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    #32     Oct 25, 2016
  3. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I believe

* an edge, no matter how small
    * appropriate bet sizes and prudent money management
    * a large dose of patience and a mentality to accept being wrong a lot of times and ability to quickly react to cut lossess

Are absolutely essential to be a successful trader in the long term. Oh and did I mention one must have a large tolerance to deal with a lot of BS, snake oil, dishonest people, and outright lies in this endeavor? Yes, trading and the financial industry attracts cheats like the light attracts moths.

#33     Oct 25, 2016
    Thiefty% likes this.
  4. One way to find out whether or not my claim is legitimate or I'm a liar is through a bet, which I'm not sure if you are willing to.

Here it's: If you are willing to bet with $10k USD, I'll show you my audited trading records for this year so far (since January 1st, 2016 to October 25th, 2016) from both of my trading accounts. You can also use a 3rd party which I'll give them permission to access to my broker so they could obtain my trading records. For account #1 (traded in Canadian $$$), I made 82 trades year-to-date with <5 losing trades. For account #2 (traded in USD $$$), I made 67 trades year-to-date with <5 losing trades. I used roughly between 30% to 70% for each of those trades within each account and the only instrument that I trade is SPY calls and puts.
    If my claim for above statement is false, then you can have my $10k USD. Else, I'll have yours.

How our bet works: we both purchase bitcoins in equivalent of $10k USD each and send them to a moderator like Handle123 (whom I think that I can trust.) If you win, you receive my money and I'll pay extra $1k to him as handling fee. If you lose, all you need to give me is $10k USD and I'll pay him the handling fee. The rest of your money, I'll donate to a local animal shelter, which I shall show you a copy of receipt.

Let me know if you are interested so we can begin our process immediately. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------
    James: sorry to hijack your thread again

#34     Oct 25, 2016
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. algofy

algofy

Change name to !=humbletrader2016 ?

#35     Oct 25, 2016
  6. algofy

algofy

And to the original poster, great job on getting funded with TST. Good luck with that first 10 days live account BS thing they do.

#36     Oct 25, 2016
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Now were talkin'!

Since Zzzz1 managed hundreds of millions of dollars I'm sure 10K should be nothing for The Great and most Holy One. Lets see if HE will put his money where his mouth is. What say you Z? There's some homeless puppies out there waiting with baited breath. Put up or shut up my friend.

Good job Humble.

#37     Oct 26, 2016
  8. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Sure I am in under the following conditions:

a) You show your 5 year track record (an audited broker statement, we shall discuss which auditor we use) which proves, as you claimed, that you generated >100% returns each of the past 5 years

b) the audited statement shows that you never had a less than 80% win rate over all trades taken in each given year (you also claimed that)

c) the audited statement shows that you employed at least 33% of the total account value at the time, each trade was taken (not notional value but required margin if trading futures, currencies, or stocks, or premium paid if options), and 50% of your trades should employ more than 51.5% of your entire account at the time (you claimed you put at risk 33% to 70% of your account balance on EACH trade), the other 50% shows you employed between 33% and 51.5% of your capital.

d) we will choose an independent, licensed, escrow company where our 10k will be safe-kept and the escrow company will be supplied with a written statement that outlines the mutually agreed contract with both our original signatures on it.

The above all reflect statements you yourself made. The only exception is the 5 years of track record I require. The reason is that I claimed that people can easily blow up with the risk employed that you claimed you take. 60 to 100 trades per year is not significant a sample to make this point. I claimed a career trader will not survive with the risk you are claiming you take.

Let me know if you agree with that, then you can PM me and we finalize the rest. Am all too eager to take this bet.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    #38     Oct 26, 2016
    piezoe likes this.
  9. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

absolutely, I do not know whether its the low volatility that has people go nuts or what it is, but posts of some wannabees who claim to be trading gods are popping up right now like mushrooms in spring rain. I bet he will balk at the 5 year track record, my assumption is he is some cocky guy who just got started on a sub 20k account who made a few profitable trades and thinks he is invincible. I have been long enough in this business to happily bet against this guy's claims.

#39     Oct 26, 2016
    Joe6Pack likes this.
  10. I find all of this hilarious...

Why do you have to place a bet on trading records o_O:p
    just Show it, or have a Link somewhere to them...if they are indeed legit, and you're very proud of your relatively rare feat, or accomplishment.

#40     Oct 26, 2016
    piezoe likes this.