5 cents into 5000000K

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FasterPussycat, Aug 19, 2002.

1. hey- if you turn 50 cents into a million bucks, is it twice as impressive as if you'd started with a full dollar?

#11     Aug 20, 2002
  2. or how about this:

the other day i gave two bucks to a bum standing next to the freeway.

since he started with zero, can he claim an infinite return?

or does he have to factor time and materials cost for his cardboard sign?

#12     Aug 20, 2002
  3. Rigel

Rigel

Mathematics.
    The key to understanding.:p
    "I'm a scientist. I will enlighten you." :p :p :p

"A new study shows that..............." pffftt

#13     Aug 20, 2002
  4. js1257

js1257

Only you FPC

#14     Aug 20, 2002
  5. 5 cents into $5 million. Hmmmmm. Well, you could buy some chewing gum for 5 cents, then convince some knucklehead on Ebay that it is authentic "game used" gum from Barry Bonds 70th homerun game (people will buy the craziest things on there). So, you sell that for $10 grand. Then you invest that $10 grand into deep out of the money puts on JPM (the January 15's at 70 cents). When JPM's derivitives blow up on them, those will go deep in the money and you'll be up easily 10-15x your money. Then you invest that $100-$150k into some deep out of the money FNM put options. When the housing market inevitably stumbles and FNM's shakey finances are exposed, those could go up 10-15x. Now you're sitting on over a million. Another 500% from there is a piece of cake. By that time, if we're at war with Iraq and the oil market stumbles as it did after the '91 war, some put options on SLB, SII will get you to $5 million.

See, that wasn't so hard ;)

(Note, past performance does not guarantee future results. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions. Results may vary.)

#15     Aug 20, 2002
  6. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

damn- thats some ruthless shit- making fun of bums.......
    actually, he will have a negative return because with your $2 he is only 1/5 of the way to getting a 750ml of grocery store brand vodka.......or 1/5 of the way to scoring himself a nice little dime bag.....just toss him a bottle or a sack next time- it will make him happier because he won't have to stumble drunk to the liquor store/ dealer.....:

#16     Aug 21, 2002
  7. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

i'm just tryin' to make a dolla out of 15 cents.........million dollas offa quata ounce........

#17     Aug 21, 2002
  8. I give the bums money when they ask for "money to buy beer." I like the honesty.

#18     Aug 21, 2002
  9. smokey, the line I know is

I'm just another black man caught up in the mix, tryin to make a dolla outta fifteen cents

#19     Aug 21, 2002
  10. you'll love this then..

#20     Aug 21, 2002