5% - 10% profit per day trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by spanish89, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aloha, ive seen so so many people saying that its impossible to even make 10% profit per month trading, some even say 10% a year is something to celebrate....

I don't understand this though, as ive been trading for almost 1year now, went through basically every problem out there, lost alot of money, but then learnt from my mistakes, the biggest of which was listening to other people! lol

So since i started trading full time, everyday, for my career over 2months ago ive only had 3days that i actually lost money not profited.

And starting from an account of just £700, which was all the money i had in the world, i have built it upto an account of over £4,000 now, all at just £1 tick, averaging a daily profit of between 3% to 15% per day, each day!! :D

I kept all my trades in my daily trading journal on t2w.com, and now as ive left that site due to lost of contreversy... LOL
    Im keeping it on here.

So im going to make this thread my new journal, and see if i can keep hitting my daily targets!! :D ;)

(I need min £1,000 per month for rent/living costs, but im currently now averaging about that per week, so going to try keeping that up).

Good luck trading

same-o likes this.
  2. IMHO...

Percents are arbitrary. I don't think comparing percents is a very apples to apples kind of deal, but thats just my opinion.

Good luck trading and with your targets!

3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

If you are daytrading an amount under say $150,000 or so I dont see why 10% per month is not reasonable, just don't expect to compound it. I should add the caveat that I no longer daytrade on a regular basis.

4. Be careful of overconfidence, I had a great run early in my trading with a small account and thought it would go on forever, it didn't.

5. I only trade crude oil futures.. :D

Its the easiest thing to trade in my view, and the most lively.
    Fx bored me way way too much even just watching it, and indices were ok for starting practise, but not enough movement, especially for my style of trading.

And i was doing £1 tick only since i only had a capital of £1,000 t £2,000... im now doing £1 - £3 per tick.

6. It's quite possible if you got the experience, the discipline and the skills.

It gets harder and harder as the size demon starts hitting the trader's psychology, then I assume it get's close to the impossible mark when you hit liquidity issues.

Anek

7. Let me extend a congratulations to you. If you can keep it up, this is worth about $500 per month on collective2.com. As one of the best vendors on the site, I think you should start a system there. There's thousands of people that would pay money without you risking your own money to start there. Good luck!--Beau

8. CL contract on Nymex ?

What you trade during european hours ?

9. Sounds like you're spread betting? QM contract on a real broker is about £2.60 a tick, with much smaller spread. Good luck to you.

#10     Aug 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.