$5,000 entry with training Plus, Plus

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Here's a deal for you all...

--------------------
    Our current deal is as follows:

No capital upfront from the trader

Monthly payout of
    35% on the first $10k earned in the month
    40% on the next $10k
    45% on the next $10k
    50% on any earned after that

Listed fees of 0.0007 per share plus 0.20 per trade (not per ticket)

Traders pay for eSignal charting and entitlements, plus a "token" US$100 per month to rent our workstation.
    -------------------

So, in lieu of putting up a couple of grand to move you to the top of this scale, you guys think our "sample" plan is way off base.

Sure we may charge a bit more per share, but that goes down very quickly as soon as the trader learns.

This deal is for long time "seasoned" traders....

This is just one example that was sent to me.

Note to all traders: Save some of the money you're making...why pay $10,000 month to a firm as a profit split...just don't do it.

We offered it because it was asked for....

BT wants good businessmen and women, not just traders who "hope" to make money.

Don

#91     Jan 19, 2004
  2. wow don these guy are really making you sharpen your pencil. pretty soon they will have you paying them a salary to come and trade with you.
    one question. if a trader is long time seasoned and he cant put up any money what does that say?

#92     Jan 19, 2004
  3. As you can see, that is part of the screening process (without sounding too harsh)...

Don:)

#93     Jan 19, 2004
  4. With all due respect, the deal hindges and is otherwise irrelevant without knowing how much the trader is able to lose before the plug is pulled. This is the entire essence of the deal and it makes the all the difference between a good deal or otherwise.

#94     Jan 19, 2004
  5. i don't want to come off crazy but i don't no many guys who have to put up 15k to 20k where i'm from. i also know alot of people under or paying 4 bucks on a 1000 shares having less then 3rds of your asking capital (15k to 20k) up. i don't no any firm thats a prop that charges a different rate if you trade under a 1000 either. its bases on month volume normally. also getting full payout so maybe this rate deal if a fator of where you live.

#95     Jan 19, 2004
  6. your right and wrong alot of young guys in the game who are new. in a tough market like this a guy making between 50k and 100k in a year will not put up 20k if everybody else is alot less then that. it comes into play what does bright offer to risk 20k and to most guys it only offers risk of money you already made.

#96     Jan 19, 2004
  7. well i trade for myself and i put up my money every day and its a lot more than 20k. if trading is your profession and you are serious about it i just dont see the problem with putting up money to get a better deal. the only people who should consider the no money down deal is the beginner that has no other way to get started. seasoned traders should have no problem putting money down to get the 100% payout.
    this is not a tough market. its a great market imho.

#97     Jan 19, 2004

8. my point again and again is its not a better deal. 4 on 1000 for daytrading is out there for very little risk of your own capital if your a profitable trader.

#98     Jan 19, 2004
  9. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

The problem with this deal is the high profit split. New traders will have a hard time making it even when they're able to keep all their profit, but by only keeping 50% of the profits, their dead in the water. New and undercapitalized traders should try and put up a little more money and work for a reasonable profit split like 80/20. The training part of the deal seems good, although it may not be worth two thousand. It really just depends on the extent of the training. Don, what about a deal where the trader puts down 7k, you keep 2k for training, the reaming 5k goes into the traders account, and all profits are split 80/20 until the traders account reaches 25k? That would seem better for the trader, and if you are serious about keeping traders for the long-term, it should be better for your firm as well.

:)

#99     Jan 19, 2004
  10. Don, I am missing something here. This deal quoted above and the one that started this thread is just simply not a good deal.
    Both are only a tad better than the deal Van Buren was offering 4 freakn years ago.
    In 1999 the deal at Van Buren was as follows....

No capital up front
    50% payout on ALL profits earned in a month.
    .00125 (which in 2000 went down to .0009) cps
    Trader pays for software and entitlements.

This was the deal BEFORE commissions went down to the ridiculous numbers they are at now. Your deal is only slightly better.......
    you are way behind the curve on this Don.

#100     Jan 19, 2004