$5.00 Per trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TickRader, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Take a very close look at Noble before signing on the dotted line. I strongly considered them for their per-share pricing, and they're not a bad firm, but the numbers probably won't be what you're anticipating. Besides the ECN fees that Qwik mentioned, if you trade about 400,000 shares per month (approximately what you mentioned) they would charge you $2.25 + .013/sh per trade. On a 1000sh lot that would be 15.25 per trade.

Their per-share pricing is only useful for small lots, 500sh or less. Other than their per-share they offer "normal" pricing of about 14.95 if you trade 1-249 times, 12.95 for 250-499 times, 9.95 for 500+ times. I'm real curious as to where you came up with that $4 figure as I've spoken to them quite a few times (and are you really going to do 100 trades per day every day?).

#11     Nov 17, 2001
  2. I'm only doing 20 trades per day. They said that I can get a $4.00 per ticket if I do 100 trades per day.

#12     Nov 17, 2001
  3. AFAIK this is the pricing if you chose RT3 as orderentry. $2.25 is what RealTick charges Noble as a base fee everytime you send an order and get filled.
    if it has not to be RT you should not have to pay the $2.25-base-fee (thats what they told me). with bigger lots their flat is way cheaper of course!

i had quite a close look on them because i actually wanted a rt3-broker, but then i figured out that right now it´s still cheaper for me to have a trading account with IB and subscribe for RT without orderentry (especially due to the fact that i´m switching jobs to become a full daytrader and therefore need to have lowest monthly costs possible).

kev//

#13     Nov 17, 2001
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

karabugla,

subscribe for RT without orderentry

Please explain. I didn't know that was possible, any particular broker? Do you open the account as a trading account and then simply not trade?

#14     Nov 17, 2001
  5. Harry

Harry

@magna
    No, you can open a Realtick-Account without a broker via www.realtick.com
    I'm with Cybertrader but also wanted to try the Tony Oz Scanners, so I subscribed to the Realtick Analyst Version ($ 150 per month). As I'm very satiesfied with Realtick I consider going to MB Trading. But on this weekend we have some problems to log in Realtick (see the thread on Realtick Improvements in the Software Section of the Board). Cybertrader login is ok. So that makes me think again :confused:

Harry

#15     Nov 18, 2001
  6. That never happened before in my over 2 years with Real Tick. Threre was one other time when servers went down due to flooding in the Chicago area, but other than that Tal feeds are very reliable. Also, MB support is always very responsive and quick to fix problems.

voodoo

#16     Nov 18, 2001
  7. I got a response from www.virtualdaytrader.net

The best deal I can get is $3.50 per trade plus ecn fees, and they dropped the monthly software cost down to $125.

I told the sucker's I was doing 100 trades per day. I think maybe with the price so low I should be able to do this!

Fighting For The Best Price,
    TickRader

#17     Nov 18, 2001
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Harry,

you can open a Realtick-Account without a broker via www.realtick.com I subscribed to the Realtick Analyst Version ($ 150 per month)
    Since RealTick always pushes you towards one of it's many affiliated brokers I did not realize you could subscribe directly with them for a "limited" service like Analyst. It doesn't offer order-entry, T&S, or Level 2 (but you already have those with Cyber), but it does give you the TAL data feed which is what you wanted. So I guess you are paying them a flat monthly fee of $170 ($150 + $20 for the Oz scanner)? BTW, you also get their recently acquired hottrend scanner for free.

As I'm very satiesfied with Realtick I consider going to MB Trading.
    MB Trading no longer uses the Realtick platform, but have developed their own called the MB Navigator which links to other data sources like eSignal, etc. The broker who spun off from there who uses Realtick is called TerranovaMB.

on this weekend we have some problems to log in Realtick
    They're shut down this entire weekend for maintenance.

#18     Nov 18, 2001
  9. Harry

Harry

@Magna
    There are also other versions of Realtick including L2 and T&S but you're right, I have them with Cybertrader.
    You're also right regarding the $170 including the Oz Scans

Well, now that you mention it - I can see the Hottrend-Scans down there - but I don't even know what criteria they do scan for :confused:.

#19     Nov 18, 2001
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Harry,

Is the Analyst software the exact same as the standard Realtick platform (fully configurable, expandable to multiple screens, etc.) except it's been "crippled" by removing the L2, TOS, O/E etc?

There are probably about 30 companies that use the Realtick platform, TerranovaMB being one of them (and, I think, the largest). Don't know much about those folks as I've never had an account with them, but their address is:
    http://www.terranova-mb.com/default.asp

BTW, having now used both, what do you like about Realtick over Cyber? If you prefer, you can PM or email me as this is probably the wrong thread to discuss this.

#20     Nov 18, 2001