47% Of Americans Want To Redistribute The Wealth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Apr 18, 2011.

1. I don't doubt there are corrupt union bosses, why should unions be any less corrupt than any other institution in America?

Does your heart burn in anger at the banks with the same venom as you have for the unions?

#31     Apr 19, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually it does. You won't find me on here defending the banks...ever.

#32     Apr 19, 2011
  3. Who is being dismantled more?

The banks, or the unions?

When have we seen a stronger middle class?

When the unions were strong, or when the banks began to exert greater influence on our economy through Reagan's and others deregulation of the banking industry?

#33     Apr 19, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's not an either or Zzz. The banks got their power BECAUSE of big government. Don't you find that ironic? I think unions should have to fend for themselves and banks should be allowed to fail and there should be absolutely no more too big too fail.

#34     Apr 19, 2011
  5. The banks got their power over government.

The unions have power over what now?

The government?

The unions are being systematically dismantled.

This is the way to achieve a balance of power?

You are on the wrong side of the argument...

The very best time in America was when there was a dynamic balance of power between workers, government, and corporations.

NAFTA and globalization, along with rise of greed and unbridled self centered capitalism as a goal, is destroying America and our communities.

The attack on unions is a misguided attack by the misguided right wingers who are not paying attention to who is gaining more and more power in America, increasing the gap between the haves and have nots, and destroying the middle class.

#35     Apr 19, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't know why you have such a hard time seeing this relationship but stop and think about it for a moment. What does all corruption have in common? The government. Corporations by themselves are powerless, but once they get connected to the government, they become corrupted. Churches and religion are powerless on their own, but once they become connected to government they become corrupted. Unions are fine on their own, but once they get connected to government they become corrupt.

I'm all for the separation of church, corporations and unions from government. Government corrupts period!

#36     Apr 19, 2011
  7. All corruption has the government in common?

So corruption in churches is the fault of the government?

You are not a clear thinker...

#37     Apr 19, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Of course. What if the government pulled the tax exemption from any church that had sexual abuse issues? The government gives the churches millions in tax exemptions. Where do you think a lot of that money goes? Come on man.

#38     Apr 19, 2011
  9. So government tax exemption is the cause of corruption in the churches?

Corruption is caused by wealth and power, not by governments. You could tax the churches, and they would still be corrupt, because the hearts of church leaders are corrupted by materialism.

The soul corrupts first, and America is one of the most corrupted countries in America...not because of government, but because of the shift in values away from honest living to greed and corruption.

Greed and corruption are not caused by governments.

#39     Apr 19, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

No. LOL. Money is the root of all evil, so says the church.

#40     Apr 19, 2011