47 million are without health insurance in U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Its interferred with all the time, its just a matter of for whose benefit?

#21     Nov 10, 2010
  2. It's no different. The surviving individuals comprise the group... If you proactively select for maladaptive traits in individuals, you are making maladaptive selections for the group.

#22     Nov 10, 2010
  3. Would you include in a list of maladaptivities disproportionate special influence and lobbying? This isn't the Galapogos Islands we're talking about here.

#23     Nov 10, 2010
  4. #24     Nov 10, 2010
  5. Special influence and lobbying are a product of bloated and obese government. Big government is the initial maladaptive causal to the other two, which are merely symptoms of big government.

As long as you have big government, industrialists will ALWAYS come corrupt it. Big business is the number one argument against big government. If a government isn't very powerful, and doesn't have much authority to begin with, there isn't much sense in spending resources to corrupt and control it is there?

Hence, the only options are 1) Total government (authoritarian communism, Stalinist Russia) , or 2) Minimal, limited government (colonial/industiral america, post revolutionary france). I know which I'm voting for... and I have a hunch which one you are voting for...

#25     Nov 10, 2010
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

No argument from me. But my question was why do we need to interfere, especially when we can't afford it?

#26     Nov 10, 2010
  7. I love how when you go to the doctor, it's really difficult to get the price from the doctor most of the time for a procedure before it's performed on you. Once it's done on you, the price all of a sudden is magically known when you quickly get the bill. If they told you the price, I bet most people would not get the procedure done, unless it's life threatening, especially if they have no insurance or have a high deductible. So they send you the bill, and if you don't pay, it gets sent to collections agencies.

#27     Nov 10, 2010
  8. Yeah, this was a big issue with auto repairs in the past... consumer protections were enacted requiring written estimates and signed consent before any work could be performed.

They can do the same for health services... Emergency services may require some exceptions.

#28     Nov 10, 2010

9. So your'e FOR corrupting government so they can't regulate big business? Keep government small and indifferent or apathetic to whatever the industrialist wants --skip inspections, cut costs in the interest of short term profits, risk passengers and consumers very lives, pollute water and food sources etc. ? Are we going to have regulation on the honor system?

Your idea of governance is a digital cd player whose sampling rate
    would make your music sound unacceptable. Things aren't anywhere near so black and white. There are talk show hosts who would have our people believe that but I see through them.
    the political spectrum would be better seen as a continuum. Life is analogue.

#29     Nov 10, 2010
  10. +10

#30     Nov 10, 2010