460 percent in under two months

Discussion in 'Options' started by poorboy, Mar 8, 2017.

1. poorboy

poorboy

Anyone doing better?

Not flaunting, I'm actually wondering how I stack up against the experts.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. xandman

xandman

It would be silly to discuss that. With real money, everything is done on a risk adjusted basis. Your in play land.

C'mon, man. Sober returns with sober risk. Let's start with the common fantasy of double the SPY with half-the risk. This is right up there with me dating a super-model (was close, actually....except she said No). Done methodically and consistently over many trades...significantly more than 100. And, it doesn't even matter if you one lot it the whole way.

ironchef and d08 like this.
  3. It says paper trading account ...now, just do this with real money...and you'll be driving a Porsche 911 very soon and wearing a Patek Philippe :cool:o_O,

As for the so-called "experts" returns...that's a laugh.
    The longer I hangout at ET, the more retarded I feel.

Cuddles likes this.
  4. poorboy

poorboy

Pfft, we all know that when you paper trade well and switch to cash you are absolutely positively going to loose it all. Why on earth would I do that when I can risk no money, and yet feel superior anyway. Because after all, feeling superior is what its all about, right??? (Joking)

5. JackRab

JackRab

Why does OP keep deleting his posts?

6. poorboy

poorboy

7. I made 20,000,000 playing monopoly and won 500 mill playing blackjack on bar machine at Rick's. So you need to catch up...

8. Xela

Xela

... is a sure sign of gambling, not trading.

Badly.

Very badly: they understand position-sizing and risk management, but you don't.

That's why they'll still be there to trade next month, whatever the market does, and you won't, necessarily.

And in the long run, that's actually way more important than the 460% figure which (unfortunately) impresses you - and in this business, the long run is all that matters.

They understand that successful trading is all about risk management, but you think it's about profit maximisation. That's a dreadful parameter by which to compare how you're doing with the experts.

When you sit down to start trading, each day, if your priority is "to make as much as possible over the day", then Auntie Xela has read your tea-leaves and is warning you that you have some nasty accidents, shocks and blown accounts in store. If it's "to be able to sit down again at the same time tomorrow and trade again", then you might have a chance. But at the moment, a major "Back To The Drawing-Board Re-Think" about your priorities and aspirations in trading is clearly needed.

Apologies for "blunt speaking": needless to say I mean nothing personal at all by it, but it is what it is, and at the moment you're inexorably headed toward fulfilling and maintaining your curious username.

Yes, they are. I am. Much better (but I made about 9% in January and about the same in February, each with a funded account, not 460% in two months on paper): that's partly because we have very different concepts of what "better" means.

9. Paper trading is for dummies. Real money trading is what counts.

10. poorboy

poorboy

Hahaha are you guys jealous a bit?

#10     Mar 8, 2017