46" LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bandit77, Dec 9, 2006.

1. hey! you found the same picture I did. I wonder what the resolution is on that bigscreen. now I'm leaning towards a dell 30, or having dual dell 30's.

#41     Dec 21, 2006
  2. having a dell 30 is nice... it's very big screen, you will need to turn your head to see everything on the screen. whereas a 24 fits nicely within normal viewing angle. you won't have to roll your eyes and/or turn your head to see everything, compare to the 30.

having 2 30's is a little too much. you cannot turn the screen vertically (unlike the 24)

30 inch dell has 90% of the screen resolution as 2x24 dell's

#42     Dec 21, 2006
  3. If you want pure practical value in terms of cost per square inch with decent res, look at some of the 20" WIDE screens.

The prices have come down dramatically. Even DELL has them now for under $300.00

#43     Dec 21, 2006
  4. ironic... I went to the store and viewed an apple 30" screen and didn't like it. at full 2540x1600, everything is too small. I think the text is smaller on the 30 than my 19". but they also had a 32" LCD tv running at 1300x768. I'm leaning back towards a big screen now. I really want to plug something up to a 46" running at 2000x1080p.

#44     Dec 22, 2006
  5. omniscient

omniscient Guest

http://news.softpedia.com/news/LG-Has-the-World-s-Largest-LCD-Monitor-15307.shtml

http://www.lge.com/products/model/detail/m5500c.jhtml

you can even buy one from, well, you :D for 10k

http://www.shopbot.com.au/p-16519.html

hth

take care -

omni

#45     Dec 22, 2006
  6. Tums

Tums

World's largest LCD TV

Models stand next to Sharp's 108-inch screen, giving it scale.

[​IMG]

#46     Jan 8, 2007
  7. Don Bright of Bright trading uses a big screen Plasma monitor to trade with. He has it hanging on the wall in front of his trading desk. It isn't too close, so it won't be hard on your eyes. But I think he uses it for teaching only and not for everyday use. maybe he will see this thread and respond weather he recommends a large LCD to trade with or not.

#47     Jan 8, 2007
  8. That's not true. They make televisions now days that can double as computer monitors. They have a monitor hookup in the back.

Lots of people are using their LCD television sets as monitors. That is what the Windows media center computer was made to do. Hook up to the television. The older televisions won't work. The picture will be blurry. It has to be the newer LCD televisions monitors which are made to be used as a computer monitor/television set. Projection television sets are too big and bulky. Get the thin lightweight. They are made to be used as a computer monitor/television.

#48     Jan 8, 2007
  9. I know that...I bought three of them, one at a time and returned them, one at a time...everything is just bigger on them...I am banned from Ultimate Electronics :)

ask gnome...

#49     Jan 8, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

#50     Jan 8, 2007