46" LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bandit77, Dec 9, 2006.

1. these monitors are to be watched at a distance, they are TV's for gawds sakes..I tried it...does not work...

get projection at this point...

#11     Dec 10, 2006
  2. Thanks ES. How come they didn't work? too bright? too big?

#12     Dec 10, 2006
  3. too big candlesticks on the screen!!!! ...no benefit...they were physically huge..took up my whole desk!

Gnome laughed at me...

I am a hopelessly trapped idiot that has to try everything...

I am banned from CompUsa...hehe and just forget going into Ultimate Electronics!

ohh and by the way...onrebate and Tiger Direct will shortly be cancelling their contract with one another!

I am a very bad boy...but the point is...every trader has the vision you have...it does not work!
    Michael B.

I just returned my air purifier tonight at Sams Club...

#13     Dec 10, 2006
  4. lol, guess I can only dream. will probably have to try it just to convince myself that it doesn't work.

#14     Dec 10, 2006
  5. danoXP

danoXP

Good points.

I was mainly watching it in a dark room without any other monitors to compare. NY Yankees too ... so not a lot of colors.

I could count the whiskers on the batter ... and the motion was perfect (no stepping).

#15     Dec 10, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

It wouldn't display *more* than a 24" UXGA, just everything would be bigger... including any pixelation. A 46" LCD for a monitor will be just fine if you want to view it from 8-10ft, but not up close.

#16     Dec 10, 2006
  7. yeah, the idea is to have everything bigger. I'm tired of looking at small letters on a 19". that seems to be the consensus, not good for a desk/up close viewing. another idea is to run a USB hub 8-10 feet to the couch for keyboard/mouse/gamepad, and trade from the couch?

#17     Dec 10, 2006
  8. dinoman

dinoman

It will work! You just need to do your homework on getting the right hardware and have the knowledge of how to set it up.

#18     Dec 10, 2006
  9. gnome

gnome

Correctamundo!

#19     Dec 10, 2006

10. I doubt anybody is broadcasting in 1080p. So far, the highest you can get is 1080i from your local cable company or satelite provider. The only way to get 1080p is to play a Blue ray or HD DVD program on a dedicated player conected with the right cables.

#20     Dec 10, 2006