45+ point pop on YM

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by monkey, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Since you've stated that what you "pros" can't understand can't be any good, I thought I might learn something by watching how a "pro" like you operates.

Is this how you "pros" trade?

Let me guess, you're still in your AT short and feeling uncomfortable. You're now citing rumors and statistics to tell yourself this is just "short covering going into the holiday weekend."

Maybe you forgot today is Tuesday and there are 3 more days of trading this week before the weekend? Oh then what's 3 trading days to a "pro" who can't make money every MONTH and has to figure out whether or not he's profitable on a YEARLY basis.

Gee, I'm just an amateur and I make money every WEEK. And I do it daytrading futures. Imagine that! Oh but I must be lying or just lucky because a "pro" like you who thinks $100K a year in NYC is real money doesn't believe it's possible.

#21     Aug 26, 2003
  2. rumor has it that i just sold at the low of the day :D

#22     Aug 26, 2003
  3. damir00

damir00 Guest

that's not what i meant. market sank, eased to a stop, then wouldn't go down anymore: there were a million and one ways to read this "correctly" and profit from the ramp. i have no doubt ET will be buzzing with hundreds of posts from people congratulating themselves on how well people played this.

i'm thinking bigger picture than this immediate trade.

#23     Aug 26, 2003

4. I find all this information very informative. I do not know what the pros are doing. I would like to add my take.

Price made a double bottom on a key fibo level of the 50% retracement of the move from apporx 8970-9500. This was also a key long term MA.

Clear as mud, I think. Long. Crowd behavior just saw it too.

Maybe they covered because of it. Maybe the pros saw it as a buy.

Signed.
    BubbaVisionTrader

#24     Aug 27, 2003