45 Million iPads in 2011? Don't Bet on It

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Oct 11, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed. I like the idea of having amazon send it vs. someone from China. Don't want to be laying in bed reading an ebook, and the thing crashes on me.

The ipad's are way overpriced imo, but the people I know who are using them rave over how much they like them.

Now if I could only find a way to have an ebook, pdf, etc., converted over to an audio book. That would be cool!

#11     Oct 12, 2010
  2. i dont get it. i was at walmart yesterday and i see they are selling ipads now. i play with one a little while. i find it hard to hold, easy to drop, hard to type on. what is the appeal? sure its a cute $600 toy but a laptop is much more functional.

#12     Oct 20, 2010

3. as they say... "asked and answered" :)

It is a great toy...and like a $4 starbucks coffee.... a social symbol. Not saying that it is rational to own one at that price... but not surprising given how consumers act.

also see "predictably irrational" by daniel ariely. Specifically reminds me of his williams-sonoma bread maker example. they introduce their first bread maker for $250... no one buys it. they then introduce another bread maker for >$350 and suddenly the original ones start flying off the shelfs.

its an interesting read.

ote.

#13     Oct 20, 2010