45% don't owe U.S. income tax

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 18, 2011.

1. If 45% don't owe U.S. income tax or they do not pay tax that means USA is a poor country.

Correct me if I am wrong?

#11     Apr 18, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

no surprise here,given the fact that many Obama's nominees on various gvt positions have some unpaid taxes..
    Timothy Geithner,United States Secretary of the Treasury comes to mind...the guy, who can't get his taxes straight is running US treasury.how fucked up that is?

it is unlikely that the IRS will go after Biden or Obama, but i can guarantee you, that they will fuck you up as hard as they can, if you are going to hide few bucks in unpaid taxes..forget about tax evasion..federal crime..probably 25 to life for average joe with all assets seized..

#12     Apr 18, 2011
  3. If 45% Americans have income less than taxation limit, how is USA $14 Trillion economy?

#13     Apr 18, 2011
  4. I think Barack Obama is worth $5 Million and USA politicians must be worth collectively $5 Billion. How did USA politcians donate multi-Trillion dollars to giant bankrupt companies?

There is nothing wrong is donating personal money but you need confirmed permission from Tax-payers to donate their hard earned money.

Elitetrader member:

Federal Government spending is mandated to be for "the general welfare". When Government directs taxpayer money to an individual or group (and not for the general benefit of all Americans).... that's unconstitutional and against the law... as are earmarks and others.

#14     Apr 18, 2011
  5. fusionz

fusionz

come on even though 45% may not pay federal tax, pretty much everyone has to pay FICA tax, sales tax, and probably the worst one "inflation" tax.

#15     Apr 18, 2011
  6. How do you defer paying taxes?

Runningbear

#17     Apr 19, 2011
  7. Rep. Scott: Taxing those at $100,000 and up 100% will not cover deficit

If we were to tax these individuals 100 percent of their income, we still could not cover our deficit this year alone. As a matter of fact, to tax our way out of debt we would need to increase taxes across the board on every man, on every woman and every business by 60 percent. You simply cannot tax your way out of this debt.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_5VKY6nD0s&feature=player_embedded

#18     Apr 19, 2011
  8. This is a John Galt moment for sure.

#19     Apr 19, 2011