440% Return: What should be Payout

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Jrmarketwizard, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ""From that moment on, I decided to trade small and fast and control risk and above all never trade family and friends money nor my own (at least not that much).""

Wizard,

Did I miss anything or you still didn't tell us how you got hired..
    No firm would hire someone who lost so much money. You have to have a trackrecord and I haven't seen it in your post.
    Am I missing it?

#31     Mar 16, 2007
  2. He did say how he got hired. A friend of his worked or a clearing firm and tried him out by giving him 25k. He ran it up a couple of hundred percent and they decided to hire him.

#32     Mar 16, 2007
  3. You should ask for free hookers. All the big boys get that!!!!!!!!!!

#33     Mar 16, 2007
  4. Mom's retirement has been refunded, she no longer needs to work.

#34     Mar 16, 2007
  5. Well said!. Trading is all psychology. If you have a stable source of income outside of trading your can do much better than having to earn your living expenses from the market.

#35     Mar 16, 2007
  6. Nice turnaround story Jrmarketwizard. How'd you manage to break into the hedge fund business?
    I'd stay with managing OPM. When you trade your own money, you can rationalize away poor performance and remain in denial - you can't do that with OPM.

#36     Mar 16, 2007
  7. That's true. I also prefer someone watching over me when I trade so I won't trade impulsively. :)

#37     Mar 16, 2007
  8. dhpar

dhpar

nice to see that there can be a thread constructively discussing success of some other member without asking for proves, shit etc...

maybe EliteTrader is Elite after all....:cool:

#38     Mar 16, 2007
  9. One piece of advice I'd give to other is to trade small small small, and have a mentor or wife overlook what you do. You need accountability.

A disproportionate number of traders are filled with a toxic waste called EGO. The madness of wanting to be the best and the richest without reflecting on what their true worth is...

This game will rip your lungs out just when you think you are king of the world.

#39     Mar 19, 2007