430,000 new jobs!!!! But wait out of that 411,000 were temp jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Sure we can compete. Indian income will rise as workers demand a higher standard of living and we will see our incomes drop. Wages will equalize somewhere in the middle.

I'm in software dev and I work with a guy who also works for a company with a large dev team in India. They pay their guys about 1/5 to 1/3 what a comparable guy in the US makes.

Believe me, I'm not looking forward to seeing my income drop. But supply and demand and what the market will bear and all that. I do agree that no gov't or president will be able to change that.

#51     Jun 4, 2010
  2. In theory, yes. The reality of what we now have, no. There is no democracy, and the politicians are appointed rather than elected. There is the illusion of choice, when in reality there is no choice where there is no difference. That is, unless your idea of choice is being raped by a really nice, good looking guy, or getting hosed by some fat ugly bastard. Either way, it's gonna' hurt.

#52     Jun 4, 2010
  3. Retief

Retief

Just lay back and think of England, my dear :D.

You can also vote with your feet. Nobody is forcing you to live in the US. You're free to leave. It's not like Cuba, North Korea, or China. If you don't think there's really a democracy anymore in America, you're free to settle somewhere else that you think is better.

#53     Jun 4, 2010
  4. Census jobs are not only very temporary, but most are very part-time! Less than 20 hrs a week, some get only a few hours a week.

#54     Jun 4, 2010
  5. No, I think I'll hang around and watch Rome burn. Won't be much comfort to say I told you so when it happens, but the fire has already started, fuel being added by the day. It's just a matter of time until the inferno blazes. Thought I'd be dead before it happened, but the way things are going it's probably only 10-15 years away. I'll probably make that! Damn shame! We really had it going on for awhile. A few just got too greedy and the rest got boiled nice and slow.

#55     Jun 4, 2010
  6. The slight recovery is in certain states only. Most.of the country is still in a.depression and will be for a.decade or more.

Thejobs numbers were a joke. More layoffs coming before the end of summer.

This current cycle mimics that of 1930s. Rule 48 will allow the US stock market to slowly reach 8000 or even 5000. No one day crash in sight.

Nov. Elections could change our economic path but it could also speed us towards the abyss.

#56     Jun 4, 2010
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

And they're largely a joke. The same people who exposed ACORN (Obama's former employer) got temp jobs at the Census Bureau. They found excessive breaks for lunch and other things, little to no accountability, and everything else we've come to expect run rampant there.

Our tax dollars at work to create "jobs."

#57     Jun 4, 2010

8. I was playing poker the other night and talked to a woman who is currently working for the census - she said that the supervisors were actually verbally instructing them on basically to work very slow and "take as long as possible doing the job", because once you're done, the job ends. In other words, they are all treating it as a gravy train.

Also, she said they were paying somewhere around $17.50/hour for this "work" !!!! Your tax dollars at work.....

#58     Jun 4, 2010
  9. Those who have been in government contract business would probably tell you the same thing: keep the contracts going for ever by what ever it takes.:D

#59     Jun 4, 2010
  10. It won't affect food prices at all. Just let in enough of them to pick the lettuce.

#60     Jun 4, 2010