430,000 new jobs!!!! But wait out of that 411,000 were temp jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jun 4, 2010.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Read my post again and you'll see who set it up. If your reading comprehension isn't at least at that level (maybe 7th grade), you don't belong in this thread anyway.

#41     Jun 4, 2010
  2. Retief

Retief

Robots will work for less than 87 cents an hour. That's how Google competes. Most things are automated, and it allows for enormous scalability.

#42     Jun 4, 2010
  3. The politicians set it up, with plenty of money from corporate America. They is no difference between the two, and if you can't see that by now you deserve the ass fucking you're about to get. No working class equals the destruction of our country. It ain't some fuck in an ivory tower that built this country, nor is it some worthless piece of shit politician that keeps it running. It's working folk, all of whom have been bled dry by 21st century slave owners that man the board rooms across America and those that sit in congress.

#43     Jun 4, 2010
  4. Retief

Retief

Actually, there is a difference. Politicians are elected. People like you elected them. In a democracy, people tend to get the sort of government they deserve.

#44     Jun 4, 2010
  5. Sounds like a plan, 500 robots and 10 people on salary to watch over them.

My view of the US is it will end up looking more like a Southamerican country. A huge poor population and a small wealthy population.

I say 50-60 years from now the US will look like this.

The tall buildings are the Financial districts etc..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#45     Jun 4, 2010
  6. Retief

Retief

Who's going to design, build, and manufacture the robots? Who's going to program them?

#46     Jun 4, 2010
  7. The chinese will build and manufacture them, you can have Wipro (India) do a lot of the white collar legwork. You only need a small number of people in the US, 100-200 employees tops to do the actual design process.

Humans are becoming less useful in a posthightech economy. 1 person can do the job it took 10 people 3 decades ago.

#47     Jun 4, 2010
  8. Retief

Retief

Yeah, right. The best minds on ET can't even program a bot to scalp a few ticks from ES, and some Indians are going to program these bots? I doubt it. It'll be a 15 yo kid with a passion for video games and computers that finally puts all the right pieces together.

Speaking of South American countries, there's one country that is pretty cool. It's Chile. They adopted Milton-Friedman economics back in 70's and they're economy is in great shape. They got government out of everywhere it shouldn't have been and privatized like crazy.

You want more government? What happens when the government is 100% of GDP? How is that any different from the former Soviet Union?

#48     Jun 4, 2010
  9. Where did I say I want more government, Why is it that you are making that assumption. In fact we should get rid of social security and medicare and minimum wage laws period and remove our military from the world. Only use them to protect our borders and that is it.

No one is saying more government. The free market economy dictates that work goes where it is cheapest and most efficient.

The American workforce is very expensive.

#49     Jun 4, 2010
  10. It is very depressing reading the news: EU troubles, oil spill, job report, etc.

#50     Jun 4, 2010