430,000 new jobs!!!! But wait out of that 411,000 were temp jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Nice formula for destroying an economy.
    Deregulate everything+crush unions+NAFTA+open borders+mold corporate america and government so that you can't tell one from the other+promise the sky and the moon=destroyed economy. Note: Make sure you wave the flag the whole time you're fucking the people.
    Takes about 30 years or so, but it works.

#21     Jun 4, 2010
  2. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

Short 20 lots of some index here.... , see what happens

NASDAQ is 1860.50

why people just write to write, no idea. Short it then

#22     Jun 4, 2010
  3. Mercor

Mercor

I wouldn't trade the last 30 years for any other 30 years in history.

#23     Jun 4, 2010
  4. canmo

canmo

Just 2 cents about "430,000 new jobs".
    I'm not sure where this number was derived from..
    Here is a link - gov. data about unemployment - ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.cpseea1.txt - and May 2010 is a last row at the bottom. So, If you look at that, you find that number of 'employed' got a little bit smaller comparing April - it's 139,420 in May (in thousands) vs 139,455 in April . The sum of "unemployed" + "not in labor force" just got bigger in May - it's 98,080(in thousands) in May vs 97,874 (in April) . Both numbers straight point to the fact there are less working people in US in May 2010 comparing April 2010. The joggling between 'unemployed' and 'not in labor force' I leave to gov. statisticians and news editors. I can give them - for free - an idea to lower the unemployment even less then 9.7 - move few millions from 'unemployed' to 'not in labor force'(change criteria for both categories appropriately) - and you get whatever unemployment rate you want ...

#24     Jun 4, 2010
  5. Some would argue there were better times, but that ain't the point. It's kinda' like being a drug addict. Lot's a fun at first, but there's a price to pay down the road. Longer you wait, bigger the tab. Wait too long, you're dead, but no one could argue there were not some good times in the beginning. We ain't at the beginning!

#25     Jun 4, 2010
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

There are more important things than jobs, oil spills and international tensions. Right now all efforts should be on planning the next Paul McCartney/Jonas Bros. concert at the White House. With a major shout-out to Stevie Wonder. Take us to the higher ground, baby.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe I'm living through this.

#26     Jun 4, 2010
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yes, we need more regulations--especially the reactionary kind from bureacrats who have never worked in the private sector and don't know what "unintended consequences" are.

We need stronger unions, especially in the public sector so gov't employees get paid more to do mostly nothing all day and retire at 50. Let's put more strain on those pensions, it will all work out in the end.

More deficit spending + higher taxes + stifling regulations + more gov't jobs & green jobs (which anyone with a modest math/physics/energy background knows are a joke) = the formula for success.

Watch out Greece, here we come!!

#27     Jun 4, 2010
  8. As I mentioned before, the stimulus was wasted on saving/creating gov't jobs at the expense of private sector jobs. Now with the stimulus running out, we will see the real jobs picture.

#28     Jun 4, 2010
  9. the fewer jobs created this month, the more will be created in the next one - great news coming! Buy! Buy!

Biden can't be wrong!!!

"In a PBS interview June 2, Vice President Joseph Biden predicted 700,000 to 1.4 million jobs would be created by the end of 2010. But at most, that would still be more than 5.2 million jobs shy of matching President Obama's claims about economic stimulus.

Biden forecast job creation "between 100,000 and 200,000 jobs on average all the way through this year" in an interview with Charlie Rose.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/julia-...-2-million-short-obamas-promise#ixzz0ptf5jZL2
    "

#29     Jun 4, 2010
  10. Retief

Retief

Thirty years ago, Carter was president and getting bent over by the Iranians, unemployment was high, inflation was high, and the Japanese seemed like they were taking over. And out of this chaos, a hero emerged - Ronald Reagan. America needs another hero.

#30     Jun 4, 2010