$420,000 for each of Goldman's 22,000 workers worldwide

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by richardyu301, Oct 20, 2005.

1. zdreg

zdreg

is pt. 3 and pt.4 a libelous statement directed toward GS. are you saying that GS is capable of blowing up the whole financial system. are you saying that is their goal:D

#21     Oct 20, 2005
  2. that maniac was probably on the bottom once for a while too. he or she likely wasn't born in a private jet.

#22     Oct 20, 2005
  3. Quote from ozzy:

That's very true and its a shame. The people at the bottom bust their ass so some popus ass, egotistical maniac gets compensated millions for flying on jets and having his ass wiped by people around him.

ozzz

Having actually been at the bottom end as a temp years ago, this statement is true.

#23     Oct 20, 2005
  4. jrsmee

jrsmee

Remeber that a lot of its profits aren't trading related (i.e. M&A, structuring, etc) and that much of its trading profits come from market making (exotics). Even so, their prop group is still highly profitable.
    And remember, GS wouldn't even give most of our resumes a second glance, not even for clerical work (myself included).

#24     Oct 20, 2005
  5. GS is the least "clubby" of the I-Banks that I temped at other than D.E. Shaw... at least in late 97' and 98'. At UBS, that born in a jet plane statement might still be accurate. I would have loved to have seen Lazard Frere.

#25     Oct 20, 2005
  6. sulli

sulli

8th ...ChemE here...

#26     Oct 20, 2005
  7. Talking about average, if Bill Gates and Warren Buffets walk into my working area, everyone is a billionaire on average.

#27     Oct 20, 2005
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

remember guys - we are all born with a brain, and perception. apart from birth rights, we are all equal.

most of the worlds billionaires (black, white or purple) are in fact self made.

most of the worlds self made billionaires made it them selves - working for themselves - NOT working for a bank.

so, if you want to get SERIOUSLY loaded, either smoke crack, or dont work for gs or any other 'club'

theres always some one who will be after your job or wants to get rid of you for greed or politics or whatever. who needs that bs?

geez - would i want to work for gs? NO WAY JOSE!!

like get up at 05.00 and work til 21.00 and brown nose the boss. dont sound like quality of life or the attitude of a winner to me.

all you will get on the global scale of things is mediocre. no thanks.

remember - all gs employees are really serving the MEGA rich who work for themselves. they are the slaves. the self employed are the masters.

#28     Oct 20, 2005
  9. Thank you for putting the forum in check! GS = 70hr + work weeks and your partner positioning to get you tossed from a deal to increase his share of the bonus pool!

Long live the entreprenuer!

#29     Oct 24, 2005
  10. You can rest assuredly that the bonus distribution curve is HIGHLY skewed..... Ex GS employee here....

#30     Oct 24, 2005