42" LCD TV for trading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlpineTrout, Feb 27, 2009.

1. I'm trying to "comfortize" things a bit. Get my ass out of that desk chair, put it in a lazy boy, roll back, rest my eyes (without falling asleep), but still be able to see what going on with the charts. Same with exercise. I already have a gym in the basement, but why not get more done instead of just sitting there staring at the screen?

#11     Feb 27, 2009
  2. bespoke

bespoke

a 1080p will have almost the same resolution as a native 24 inch monitor

#12     Feb 27, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

backup?

#13     Feb 27, 2009
  4. I can put everything I need on one 42". Another computer with a regular monitor can handle internet stuff.

#14     Feb 27, 2009
  5. Probably, but NinjaTrader's lines looked fine and would probably look great on Vizio's higher resolution model.

#15     Feb 27, 2009
  6. a couple more words plz

#16     Feb 27, 2009
  7. How about power supply requirements in a computer running a 42" monitor? That doesn't make any difference does it?

#17     Feb 27, 2009
  8. gnome

gnome

No.

#18     Feb 27, 2009
  9. why not just buy a projector and make the whole wall a chart. They came down in price a bunch

#19     Feb 27, 2009
  10. Wonder where you got an idea like that?...just kidding. If you can find benefit from my configuration for your trading thats the whole purpose of sharing info on ET.

Funny you mention the 42" vizio specifically, as that is a keystone of my modern minimalist trading setup.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2316061#post2316061

The RGB cables are ok, but spend a little extra and get HDMI makes a lot of difference the higher the resolution you go up.

I experimented with quite a few different screen sizes from bigger to smaller, and the 42" came out to the right size where you can still be close enough and read detail without having it to large you have to use your peripheral vision.

[​IMG]

Good luck..

#20     Feb 27, 2009