403B funds

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kbehr, Dec 19, 2007.

  1. kbehr



    My wife has a 403B from her job. She wants to close the account and give me the funds to trade. Is there any way this be accomplished without a tax penalty?

    I currently trade fror my own account; however, I can form a corp. if that would work.

    Thanks for any information.

  2. She needs to convert it to Self Directed IRA which will allow you to set up a trading account with many firms. (I like Mirus). Search 401k to get more info (403b is only known to those working for uncle sam so not a lot of info here). Good Luck!
  3. queensny


    i believe you cannot transfer the money from the current custodian to your own ira account unless you withdraw it and pay the penalty and 20% withholding or you have left your job and are rolling it over into a ira.