400 Trading Algorithms Later

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Not a bad piece, but still waiting for
    nooby_mcnoob
    to post a single winning trade or idea

#11     Feb 13, 2020
  2. zdave83

zdave83

Good article for people who haven't had much success trading. Unfortunately the blanket statement above lessens the credibility of the piece.

#12     Feb 14, 2020
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Not really if applies to futures/options. Stocks are a different animal all together of course.

#13     Feb 14, 2020
    Windlesham1, themickey and zdave83 like this.
  4. The market s NOT a zero sum game. I buy stock ABC for $10 from a man who bought it for $2 -he sells as it suits his profile. I buy as it suits my profile. I then sell it for $15. 2 years later it's $100 yet we were all winners. I trade options as I like to be able to choose when and how I eat.
    Very interesting article though and clearly a super smart trader. Though not smart enough to know options are where the profits are!

#14     Feb 15, 2020
    lovethetrade likes this.
  5. Thank you for the excellent post. I seldom respond to posts here, but yours is excellent and worthy, IMO. I have written about 250 automated and profitable algorithms, mostly in TradeStation Easy Language and MT4. I have traded some of these live. Currently, I am trading only two. My combined ROI for the past year is 147%. Again, my compliments.

#15     Feb 15, 2020
    SimpleMeLike and dealmaker like this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

Kudos for scalping illustration.

#16     Feb 15, 2020
  7. interdim

interdim

When you're 65 years old and have been doing this for 40 years, I really don't have to be concerned about saving a few years. I like all of my competitors in this business, more so the ones who have certain belief systems.

#17     Feb 18, 2020
  8. Dazz

Dazz

I saw a video on practice problems of finding a profitable robotic trading system; covers 3000 robots in Striker, 1600 bots in Cannon iSystems, 700 in Futures Truth, etc.

#18     Feb 20, 2020
  9. d08

d08

While he makes good points, it's evident that he doesn't make money from trading but from related services and other companies. I'd rather listen to people who live the markets, not do it as a side gig.

Also, 400 algos from 2015 means that not much thought went into them. A proper tradable one takes a long time to develop.

#19     Feb 20, 2020
    themickey and zdave83 like this.