$400 per gallon oil. 100+ fuel trucks set on fire

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Oct 9, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I do.

By giving up the missile defense sites in Europe we are allowing Russia to keep a gun to Europe's head. That allows Russia to bully everyone in Europe over natural gas prices/supply and lots of other issues they like having hegemony over. Also some afghans were showing up in the fight in Georgia. They don't mind seeing some taliban killed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they helped us with Afghanistan or Iran for that matter. I notice they haven't gone ahead with the planned sale of advanced SAMs to Tehran so perhaps they are giving us a little help.

#11     Oct 9, 2010
  2. Didn't know that. I DID know many an empire wasted it's resources trying to subjugate it...
    How apt. It would seem leaders throughout history have all suffered the same disease. It's called "But it's different this time!" disease.

#12     Oct 9, 2010
  3. Because A) The bush govt was ran by morons 2) Long term war brings in profit for the defense contractors/oil companies etc.. It's probably a combination of both, under estimating the problem and greed...

Bush sr had it right, they did just that - boom and zoom in iraq. And it was a quick and efficient war that served its purpose.

The fuckups of gwb legacy will continue on for many presidents...

#13     Oct 9, 2010
  4. They block the border, the fuel trucks pile up to wait and they are sitting ducks for attack. What a setup.

#14     Oct 9, 2010
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

What about the New Guy thats been running things for a coupla years? Is he a moron as well?

#15     Oct 9, 2010
  6. Picaso

Picaso

$400 <u>gas</u> per gallon

1 barrel of oil = 42 gallons --> 42*400 = $16,800 oil barrel

That price is only for the most remote bases, not for the majority of them.

#16     Oct 9, 2010
  7. He is the biggest moron. He does not know anything.

#17     Oct 9, 2010
  8. On a related topic, Afghanistan is the opium-growing capital of the world. Our troops know exactly where the major opium fields are, but are not allowed to touch them because the Afghan warlords who the US supports as part of the government own the opium fields. They grow the opium using irrigation equipment that the US gave them decades ago to help grow food. I guess the war on terror trumps the war on drugs. Or maybe our troops are only there to support our control of Iraq so that the Western oil companies can safely drill oil in Iraq and make huge profits. Read The Creature from Jekyll Island and you will understand how we are all puppets for the wealthy few who control the world.

#18     Oct 9, 2010
  9. Yes Edward C Griffin was just on Alex Jone's show. The CIA are known drug runners for some time. Here is a recent incident http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oszATUJ4IRE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiC6Z_n_28E&feature=related

#19     Oct 9, 2010
  10. Claudius

Claudius

This is a complete BS rewrite of actual history.
    If Bush Snr. had finished the job in the first Gulf War and taken out Saddam back in 1991, the US wouldn't have been forced to maintain bases in Saudi Arabia for the next 9 years.
    That was one of the main grievances that Al Qaida used to justify the 9/11 attacks.

We'll never know for sure, but it's possible that 9/11, the Iraq War and Afghanistan could all have been avoided had the original Gulf War been finished properly.

#20     Oct 9, 2010