$400 per gallon gas

Discussion in 'Economics' started by glennmm, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Bob111

Bob111

gas line..oil line..the money US spend on those wars..if they invested all those money into alternative fuel R&D programs before this iraq nonsense starts..

#51     Oct 27, 2009
  2. jjf

jjf

But Bob, these are american companies you are talking about.

jjf

#52     Oct 27, 2009
  3. Although the USA has largest prescence, don't forget that this is a NATO war...

#53     Oct 27, 2009
  4. Yeah you Canucks are pulling your weight over there for sure. As I recall Canada, with help from England, and Australia are the only ones in the combat zone with the US.

#54     Oct 27, 2009
  5. jjf

jjf

no it is not, US is doing all the heavy lifting, the others are window dressing.
    That is why the american people must get in behind the gov.

jjf

#55     Oct 27, 2009
  6. You are correct about England and Canada but not sure about Australia (may or may not be, I'm really not sure). The Canadian military operates independently of England in Kandahar province.

Most other NATO countries will not commit forces to combat zones.

#56     Oct 27, 2009
  7. Comments like this infuriate me as well as make me sick. Make that same comment to family members of the thousands of Canadian soldiers who have died in combat in Afghanistan...

And remember, we are there because of an attack on the USA. We are helping the USA. Your welcome.

Edit: If the USA didn't decide to shift focus to Iraq, this whole Afghanistan mess would be an entire different situation altogether.

#57     Oct 27, 2009
  8. jjf

jjf

Only US forces are determined to bring democracy to Afghanistan. The others are just drifting along for what they can get out of it.

US is committed to staying for decades in order to finish the noble cause and all americans must support the gov.

america must be strong

jjf

#58     Oct 27, 2009
  9. Ugh.

#59     Oct 27, 2009
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

You made me curious, so I looked it up for you, so you don't spread BS from now on.

Is is 109 combat deaths in 8 years and another 22 non-combat related, including suicides and friendly fire (6 death).

You are welcome...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Forces_casualties_in_Afghanistan

#60     Oct 27, 2009