$400 per gallon gas

Discussion in 'Economics' started by glennmm, Oct 19, 2009.

1. jjf

jjf

I dont know why you guys are so disrespectful towards the gov.
    Afghanistan is an opportunity to bring democracy to a once lawless land.

You just have to give the whole thing a chance to work. Sure it might take a long time (decades) but it is obviously worth doing otherwise the gov would have never picked a fight with these guys.
    $400 gas is a small price.

jjf

#31     Oct 27, 2009
  2. The difficult part about winning these types of wars is the fact that the West has morals. Limiting civilian casualties, fair trials for enemy combatants etc. whereas the Taliban (and terrorists in general) aren't burdened with these morals.

#32     Oct 27, 2009
  3. glennmm

glennmm

USA will never win in Afghanistan. The Soviets/Russians failed in Afghanistan and so will USA also fail.

USA is fighting a losing war in Aghanistan and wasting human lives and money. Should withdraw immediately.

#33     Oct 27, 2009
  4. jjf

jjf

Nothing worth doing is easy and the gov knew the risks and never the less went ahead with the worthy cause of bringing democracy to Afghanistan.

It is important that every american stands behind the gov and sees the job through no matter how long it takes and how much it costs.

jjf

#34     Oct 27, 2009
  5. Obama must owe big time to many in the crooked power structure to keep up the bush regime.

The only difference between obama and bush is obama is more articulate and able to fool people with his B.S.

It's all about using American taxpayers and American lives to maintain oil dependency and protecting a shitty little middle eastern country. 2 of the most powerful lobbies in DC ( along with Bankers and big Pharma)

At least with Bush we knew the guy was dumb and we'd end up in a cluster fk. With Obama it's apparent the guy has already began his 2012 campaign.

Can't blame the politicians, the voters are worse.

#35     Oct 27, 2009
  6. Bob111

Bob111

what is a democracy and why US have to "bring" it to Afghanistan at expense of US tax payer? i don't get it. do you have a democracy in US? i don't think so.those people in Afghanistan they living their way for thousands of years..get this through your head-thousands...not decades..they didn't ask anybody for democracy. what is wrong with you,people? why do you think that "your way" is the best one and one size(democracy) fits all? will you ever realize that the "terrorists" are product of screwed US foreign policy. nobody terrorize Canada...or Australia..ever wonder why?

#36     Oct 27, 2009
  7. Illum

Illum

Soviets didn't just lose, it brought down the govt. Hmmm, maybe this isn't a bad thing. Fight on

#37     Oct 27, 2009
  8. jjf

jjf

You are just anti-american and you cant see that little sacrifice in the way of lives, money and time will bring safety and happiness to 25M people and will spread throughout the region.

jjf

#38     Oct 27, 2009
  9. Exactly how well did it work forcing democracy on the Palestinians, Hamas, and look at Iraq now. Wow, that worked out well too. So freakin' arrogant assuming democracy works for all. Lastly remember when Yugoslavia fell well all that fighting broke out under democracy.

And before some cute rebuttal comes I am not advocating totalitarian dictatorship.

Here's a new idea. Why not fix our own backyard before messing with someone else's. I know that will be difficult we specialize in nation buidling since WWII, but let's give it a try.

#39     Oct 27, 2009
  10. No Bob and I just use our brains and question authority. Maybe you should try it? Isn't there a pep rally for you types today?

#40     Oct 27, 2009