40 S&P Points a Month, is My Goal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by rcanfiel, Apr 24, 2007.

1. <b>No trade today. My indicators about balanced between long and short... </b>

#31     May 7, 2007
  2. I take that back. I wound up making 1 point on one contract, mainly to test my new broker's interface.

But since that is not on the track record, i am not going to count it to this month's goal.

I remain at approx 29 points made since 4/24, with 11 points and about 17 days to go...

#32     May 7, 2007
  3. no trade today

#33     May 8, 2007
  4. #34     May 10, 2007
  5. Also note that the backtests are HYPOTHETICAL lol....

hypothetical.....

too funny..

#35     May 10, 2007
  6. As opposed to systems that try to present track records as if they were real trading...

Or subject themselves to independent monitoring

#36     May 10, 2007
  7. <b>There have been no trades the last couple of days.

Lost approx 2 ES points today (on a single contract basis).

Total 27 ES points since April 24.

Need 13 points to reach goal.</b>

#37     May 10, 2007
  8. You specifically state that your backtested results are hypothetical so I dont see the difference. I dont see any independent CPA with results.

To QUOTE your website:

HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM.

#38     May 10, 2007
  9. 1) You chuckled at the use of the word "hypothetical" which is odd, since that is the precise word that should be used. Many advisory sites don't even bother with track records. Many others post track records, such as going back to 1995, without bothering to mention that they are hypothetical track records or back tests.; they like to let the reader assume that the listed trades are real world trading. ANY track record/backtest is hypothetical, as required by the CFTC, perhaps unless they are actual account statements

2) Not sure what you mean by "independent CPA" but if you mean independent monitor, try reading the first page of this thread where it is described (as people who journal often state their purpose). I started on April 24.

I only stated a goal of making 40 ES points a month.

#39     May 10, 2007
  10. As long as you admit you are an advisory service then we all know where you are truly coming from, spamming to get subscribers.

#40     May 10, 2007