40 S&P Points a Month, is My Goal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by rcanfiel, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, I have to disagree. Judging by my experience, posts here on ET and the systems on C2, looks like it is hard to just go over 1 ES net per day. When I did a search on C2 a few months back there were only 3-5 systems making that much. After a few months 2 of them blew up...

If it was THAT easy, the question rises: why doesn't the trader pyramid up to riches?

My personal experience is that I can't do it consistently over a longer period. I have a few days good runs, but then comes complacency or not paying enough attention or the market changes, and there goes my average. On C2 I had 2 weeks when I averaged 3 ES for everyday, but then I blew it...

But hey, here is a challenge for you. If it is THAT easy, make a system on C2 and I guarantee people will subscribe to it.

I am not saying impossible, just very hard to be consistent day after day after day....

#11     Apr 25, 2007
  2. If it was THAT easy, the question rises: why doesn't the trader pyramid up to riches?

Because enormous size decreases accuracy by invoking slippage, and by itself can decrease expectency on low volume days/moves/pricelevels. And we aren't talking Las Vegas. I'm talking about a means of extracting money from the market consistently with judicious, if not parsimonious, risk parameters.

My personal experience is that I can't do it consistently over a longer period. I have a few days good runs, but then comes complacency or not paying enough attention or the market changes, and there goes my average.

I knew you were an upstanding gent. Yup, that's a personal issue.

But hey, here is a challenge for you. If it is THAT easy, make a system on C2 and I guarantee people will subscribe to it.

Im a trader, not a vendor. No interest. Thanks for the offer. From an ego standpoint it might be fun to journal it here on ET, just because. But you and I both know how that goes. It's turns NOT FUN quickly. At least that's my experience.

Osorico

#12     Apr 25, 2007
  3. FWIW, Long Today. That oughta bring the market down :D

#13     Apr 26, 2007
  4. Made 2 points today. Kind of a washout day to trade. By the way, these are hypothetical. My "journal" is off the first page.

<b>plus 7.3 S&P points since 4/24</b>

#14     Apr 26, 2007
  5. Made 2.5 S&P points today, Only traded one contract.

<b>plus 9.8 S&P points since 4/24</b>

Tracking results via first page of this thread

#15     Apr 27, 2007
  6. It' not 3,000+ and it's not 200. From the Grid, there are exactly 531 active systems there right now. Of those, 328 are profitable, again as of right now (though often not by much).

Stocks 160 (111 profitable)
    Futures 183 (113)
    Options 14 (7)
    Forex 127 (77)
    More than one asset class 47 (20)

I don't trade ES, but good luck with your journal.

#16     Apr 27, 2007
  7. Thanx, apex

I believe that a lot of those "active" systems are flat lines though.

But whatever it is, you are correct that not many are profitable. I find that if 10 look interesting, that only about 1 of them will REMAIN profitable for any period of time.

I have been there a year. From what I have seen, most systems that look good, do so because they happen to be in the top few percent by simple probability. After following them for a few weeks after discovering them, most of them revert to random behavior.

But a few are interesting...

#17     Apr 27, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

That was a pretty damn good guess on my behalf, when I said 200, I was refering only to futures systems.

Since it is a rainy, crappy weather here, I took a look. I found a position trading system, holding trades for days, its average after 4 months of trading 1.23 ES per day. Very good equity curve too.

As I said before, very few systems (probably less than 3) averaging more than or around 1 ES per day. A trader with even just 1.5 points per day could be king...

#18     Apr 28, 2007
  9. Went short today.

Made <b>6.0 S&P points</b> today, Only traded one contract.

<b>plus 15.8 S&P points since 4/24</b>

Tracking results via first page of this thread.

#19     Apr 30, 2007
  10. Went long today.

Made <b>2.9 points</b> in the Russell (ER2). Although this has more "power" than S&P, will only count as 2.9 S&P points.

<b>plus 18.7 S&P points since 4/24</b>

Tracking results via first page of this thread.

<b>NOTE: When saying how many points were made, these are on a single contract basis. The number of contracts involved is ignored. </b>

#20     May 1, 2007