40% Of the World's Wealth Has Been Erased....Bailout $4 Trillion....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jan 30, 2009.

1. http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/01/global-crisis-destroys-40-of-world.html

I wonder just what has to happen in order for the US Government to commence structural changes with regards to taxation....

The fact is that the current system simply means that over 50% of the population will pay no taxes....and a larger tax will be placed on a dwindling base....

A "consumption tax only" would send jobs to the US in droves....and would make valuation of productive assets skyrocket.....which is exactly what banks need....

$4 Trillion does not equal >$30 Trillion....etc....

2. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

In periods of economic crisis wealth is not destroyed...................IT IS TRANSFERED!!!!!!!!!!!.

3. gnome

gnome

If you are one whose wealth is "transferred", it's the same to you as being destroyed. :mad:

4. gnome

gnome

Interesting way to run a government and a culture.. those who pay no or little tax have all the political clout. And those who foot the bill have virtually no voice at all because of their low numbers. :mad:

5. You are either a looser or a winner during times like this.
    I have lost indirectly............so far I have my job and I am able to pay my bills...............but I have neighbors that lost jobs...............they looking depressed and desperate...............houses are ugly..................people are driving with no insurance..................And I know more govt debt today means higher taxes to my #### eventually.

6. gnome

gnome

I don't know who's a winner during this time.... except Gummint, of course.... their fat-cat ways never slow.

The "haves" will get their wealth reduced in the political process (as well as asset losses most investors have suffered).

The "have-nots" will receive some of the wealth transfer benefits... but we can't realistically consider them "winners"... as their plight is difficult.

7. You really believe that?

8. gnome

gnome

Of course! You don't see it?

9. 40 percent of the world's wealth never really existed in the first place - is there anyone here who thinks there wasnt a bubble?

does anyone really think a bubble does not inflate the perception of actual wealth?

on an individual level it only existed if you bugged out before the music stopped

10. just21

just21

www.landvaluetax.org is the answer. Let the rich property owners pay tax and get rid of taxation of income.

#10     Jan 30, 2009