40% of physicians will retire or find other work under ObamaCare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Dec 10, 2010.

1. I don't think there are that many doctors stupid enough to quit a high paying job during high unemployment, even if they are repubiturds.

#11     Dec 13, 2010
  2. Yeah.. they will become bankers... Doctors of Banking ;)

#12     Dec 13, 2010
  3. Physician's who have the ability to provide service free from government payments are not accepting Med-Care anymore. This has been occurring for quite awhile now. This is a reaction to the squeeze being placed upon them from the private insurance payers and from government reimbursements and has been going on for quite some time now. Quality Doctors are simply opting-out of the medi-care reimbursement plan.

My advice to anyone is choose a health care provider who does not accept medi-care. Only then will you know that you've found the best provider.

#13     Dec 13, 2010
  4. hehehe
    Not to me and other 95% + of americans and 99.90% of the world population.
    On the other hand, money can't buy a happiness

#14     Dec 14, 2010
  5. True ...money does not buy happiness.

However perspective doctors are usually the among the top in the their high school and college classes. Of course that requires an immense dedication. Then the lucky ones are accepted into Medical School. Then after four years of sacrificing most all social activities to finish with a basic competence in medicine, all the while earning very little if no money. Then they have three years of 80-90 hour per week residency. And then most will apply and accept some sort of Fellowship to specialize in their choose speciallity.

Most Doc's finally start earning money at age 33-34. And they generally do so with many hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt.

200K is poverty any way you slice it.

#15     Dec 14, 2010
  6. <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tsQJcK6QpGk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tsQJcK6QpGk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#16     Dec 14, 2010
  7. #17     Dec 14, 2010
  8. I know literally 100's of MD's. I don't know one who is quitting medicine due to a new Congressionally passed health care plan most of which is years away from being enacting yet.

Quote from bugscoe

#18     Dec 14, 2010
  9. Says the guy who cites a comedian as a breathtaking reporter.

#19     Dec 14, 2010
  10. Even if it does, won't be the desired outcome.

Sure, there will be lesser qualified doctors earning less money... but then from whom will the government "redistribute wealth"?

The Progressive Government (COMMUNIST ASSHOLES!) needs high wage earners... if everybody is basically "just getting by", there is no money to steal from overachievers.

#20     Dec 14, 2010