40 million Americans on Food Stamps

Discussion in 'Economics' started by achilles28, May 26, 2010.

1. NumLock

NumLock

I can't wait for people like you to hit rock bottom. You are not just mean hearted and negative individual, you are also stupid.

US spends unbelievable amount of money of military and black projects to maintain its Empire.

And you don't see a fiscal problem with any of that but rather healthcare. LOL you are such a bastard aren't you

#11     May 26, 2010
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

i think the issue is the transition.

it will take time for the market to adjust.

#12     May 26, 2010
  3. “The obesity rate in the United States has increased at an alarming rate over the past three decades."
    ---------------------

In the last 30 years ya think obeseity has increased because we have more food or poorer qualtiy/ high caloric meals?

We probably have a larger population of people with psychiatric disorders.

We had a item on the news yesterday listing the calorie count of various fast foods. When was the last time you seen an ad for an apple or a critique of physical education in schools.

People have oral disorders. if you aren't putting a cellphone next to your head you're taking a sip from a water bottle, gotta keep that mouth moving. Probably to replace the cigarette (btw, there are graphs correlating obesiety with the cessation of smoking of the general population).

#13     May 26, 2010
  4. tango29

tango29

After I quit my sales job after school I worked at a grocery store for a few months in Minneapolis. And I will agree with the Retief in that as I recall the majority of food stamps people were obese that came through when I was checking out people. There was(is) a list of foods they could purchase with the stamps, but almost everyone of them would try to buy all kinds of junk food and crap not on the list. They would try this everytime through the store, so I assume some of my coworkers let it slide, but I didn't. I had people using a milk program to try and buy Kool Aid. Is everyone abusing stamps? No obviously not, but there are the leaches that were trained by their parent(s) to look for every scam they can pull, and they stay on the stamps for life because they think it's free food.
    Generalizations and exagerations on both sides of the arguement help nothing. The reality it is good for people who use it as a temporary help line, but we now have thousands, maybe millions who think it is their entitlement, and that is b.s.. I met a couple people over the years who easily qualified, but refused to accept the handout, and worked for cash, or whatever they could do, including McDonalds until they got back on their feet.
    I remember my high school US History teacher saying his Dad taught he and his brother to hunt specifically to avoid taking handouts when he was a kid and his Dad was out of work.

#14     May 26, 2010
  5. you just blew the hell out of your argument. have you been to a vet recently? just had my dogs teeth cleaned. $180. way more than it costs at the dentist for humans.

#15     May 26, 2010
  6. I beg to differ, we are allowed and it is prudent to have a military budget and a healthcare budget. If you cut the military budget by no means equals an increase in health care. Real life doesn't work that way.

If you personally have a "budget" for your auto and you pay it off does this mean you'll increase your contribution to charity by the same amount? I doubt it.

#16     May 26, 2010
  7. 100% of corporate America on government aid, so I guess the food stamp program is less expensive. If you're going to write blank checks to the blue bloods, then the unwashed masses get a check as well.

#17     May 26, 2010
  8. that would be a dumb solution. if all the food stamp people in the cities hunted in a couple years all species of game animal would be extinct.

#18     May 26, 2010
  9. tango29

tango29

Lol, yea I suppose so. Then again quite a few of the people on food stamps are all ready out hunting and killing each other every night at least around here. Though I suppose we when then have to accept cannabilism.

#19     May 26, 2010
  10. NumLock

NumLock

Nutmeg I have you pegged as better informed than average don't make me UNpeg you :)

US military budget was anything but normal for the last 30 years. Hundreds of billions.

Pentagon 'to boost covert missions in Middle East

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/middle_east/10154696.stm

[​IMG]

Read this article carefully it blatantly shows you that Through assassinations sabotage false flag events US covertly keeps screwing the world over and over again.

Now they are going after Iran. This is how you make enemies. This is how you go broke.

US foreign policy is THE NUMBER ONE fiscal and security problem and that will collapse the USA.

#20     May 26, 2010