40% in 2011

Discussion in 'Journals' started by In2Deep, Feb 10, 2011.

1. In2Deep

In2Deep

Still sitting on my ORCL long which is starting to work finally. I bought INTC in the morning for a swing trade as it started to test $20 "support". I picked it up at $20.01 because I thought it might bounce off of $20 and I would miss my entry. Of course it broke through and traded down to a low of $20.94. That's what I get for not sticking to my double insanity rule. Anyway it ended up working and I was up over half a percent by end-of-day.

INTC has got to be one of the safest trades out there now. The company is doing incredibly well but like MSFT, Wall Street just doesn't like it. Can anyone explain that to me? Even Mr. Booyah is bullish and it still performs like a dog.

#31     Mar 31, 2011
  2. In2Deep

In2Deep

Closed my ORCL long for about +2.25% but the herd took my INTC trade well into the red, teaching me once again to be even more selective about my entries. I think it will work out but the question is when.

I have been focusing a lot on my ATS. If I can use automation to find the stocks the herd is buying, and trade them on tech analysis alone that would be ideal because it is not my personality to go after what is hot. I have a psychological issue with buying high and selling higher. But I can overcome that issue by having my software trade on my behalf, at least in theory.

#32     Apr 2, 2011
  3. In2Deep

In2Deep

I'm afraid I won't be posting in this journal for some time. I've decided to use the money in my discretionary account for a down payment on a house so I'll be out of the game for a while. I will use my "time off" to perfect my ATS which is starting to show promise (up 1.8% today in paper trading. wow).

I closed my long INTC position for a loss in my discretionary account. But I still have a large position in INTC in my retirement account, and I think it is an excellent long term investment--one of the best value stocks out there right now IMO. Don't ask me why the street hates it so much lately.

#33     Apr 5, 2011