4 years later, still trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by coolweb, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwerty

Qwerty

Quote from Coolweb:

Do you think what you just wrote is actually tradeable? Sounds like a lot of opinions to me, neutralized, sellers advancing, sellers calling teh shots next day, buyers something.

Trust me, thats all opinion and 50/50 even after hindsight

What part of neutralized don't you understand Coolweb? Do i have to read it from a dictionary for you to comprehend what neutralize means? The buyers had a history, albiet brief in denying the sellers from making visible progress below 12,600, this is called support, the market did not visibly move any lower during the trading session in the buyers attempt to prevent sellers from pushing the market down again, buyers at these levels attempt to establish a degree of control or influence above such areas, perhaps you need to whip out that book called intro to trading 101. It's not hindsight at all Coolweb, the astute trader knew full well that buyers would challenge the sellers influence again. This critical information was known in advance, noted the night before. What was also known in advance was where the sellers were unwilling to concede to the buyers any higher above resistance at 12,800. Those are not opinions Coolweb, those are zones that are undeniable, for the entire world to see, they had an undeniable impact that a trader could've used to profit from.

The sellers were advancing or the market was visibly moving down prior to the open the next day Coolweb, that's not an opinion, it's visible proof, any trader with even several days experience would say that it was moving downward.

#11     Aug 4, 2008
  2. Coolweb

Nice thread.

Are you advocating using the indicies to protect against market risk while you are long or short in individual stocks?

Cheers

#12     Aug 4, 2008
    #13     Aug 4, 2008
  4. lol, little coolwhip. Still dreaming of trading for a living after all this time?

How did that loan against your credit card to trade forex work out?

Dropping 'ideaologies'[sic], are you? What are you calling that, a keypunch error?

Errrr, yes. Ok, coolio. Keep 'dropping' those 'ideaologies'. Maybe the homies down the street can loan you a few bucks to buy a call on GM.

#14     Aug 4, 2008

5. Wrong guy chump, I came into this businsess very well capitalized , still am, And I never traded forex.

#15     Aug 4, 2008

6. I usually have a long short position together , or I'll intiate one short, then one long after. Or multiple longs and Multiple short positions like 5 longs, 4 shorts, but amounting to similar dollar amounts

Market hedged

----

What I've noticed is sometimes the shorts I Wanted to go down didn't go down that fast, but the longs I wanted to go up went straight up,

In the end I 'm still in the money.

50/50 As I said.

#16     Aug 4, 2008
  7. ???

#17     Aug 4, 2008
  8. short EXH 50.65
    FCH 6.96 short

#18     Aug 6, 2008
  9. exh stop 50.75
    fch stop 6.96

#19     Aug 6, 2008
  10. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

outstanding!
    when is your book coming out?
    When is your interview with Aaron Task airing? Is that before or after the one with Donny Deutsch?

#20     Aug 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.