4 x 20" LCD Multi-Monitors Stand

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bernard111, May 8, 2005.

1. TGregg

TGregg

I like the standard 2 mon poles. My eye level is right at the place where the bottom and top meet. My desk is a bit too short, so I put it on blocks. :)

My bottom monitors are about 2 inches up from my desk. But I could raise them all because the top bracket to hold the top monitors are about 6-8 inches from the top of the pole with my 19" monitors. I like the Ergotron stands, just wish we had some economy of scale so they were priced lower. IIRC the price of three dual mon stands was about the same as one of the monitors I bought.

#11     May 9, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

LOL. You are right. I am pricing out monitors from Dell and the damn stands are going to cost me as much as a monitor. The price of Ergotronic stands has NOT gone down with the price of the damn monitors! I watched monitor prices crash over the past couple years and I have yet to see the price of Erogtron stands budge much. Funny. There are cheaper alternatives but you can easily get parts for Erogtron products. I would think with Ergotrons profit margin (it has to be HUGE) there would be more competitors.

#12     May 9, 2005
  3. i noticed your problem too... because of the weight of the monitors, the stand leans towards the user. this configuration makes the top two monitors faces the user at a good angle. this also puts the bottom two monitors at the same angle, which is not what the avg user would want.

i have all 4 pivots mounted so that it adjust vertically instead of horizontally. this will definitely help the bottom two monitors.

#13     May 9, 2005
  4. fyi...

you can pivot monitors either up and down / or left to right...

if you want more control i beleive they sell a dual pivot but it has a longer extension...

as for their pricing once you see how well they are made you will see they are worth the cost...

it's like having a rosewood box with solid brass hardware or a plastic shoebox....

#14     May 9, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

dont understand what you mean bro. you can tilt the monitors anywhich way you want. you can angle down the top ones and straighten out the bottom monitors.

#15     May 9, 2005
  6. #16     May 9, 2005
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Not true, at least not with the Ergotron Dual stands that I have. The stands are freaken heavy, and they have a base that goes out underneath the bottom of the bottom monitor, so the center of gravity is behind the monitors.

In other words, they don't lean.

I don't know anything about any of the bigger stands, only have three duals.

#17     May 11, 2005