4 x 20" LCD Multi-Monitors Stand

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bernard111, May 8, 2005.

1. What would you use to put together 4 LCD monitors 20" in two rows , so 2 by 2 with a vertical stand to be put on a table?
    Is the Ergotron DeskStand100 the optimal solution?

2. I have the Ergotron 100 stand and I like it *now*. I didn't at first because I thought the lower monitors were too low and the upper monitors were too high. I guess I have just become used to them.

Have you tied just putting the 4 monitors side-by-side. If that works for you, you may be disappointed with the ergotron 100 for the same reasons I was.

3. TGM

TGM

4. Ok, guys. Thanks for your comments. I will try to adapt it with the accessories needed for my table.

5. ergotron parts are like an erector set...

they come with all kinds of parts and you can do anything you can dream up....

look at my system in pictures of your stations thread....

i made my own and i think its great...

they have prepacked systems and you can buy seperate parts...

by combining systems with other parts i saved a ton of dough...http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=674096

6. TGM

TGM

Did you use the ds100 parts? is your system free standing or like the ds200 attached to your desk? I am putting together a new setup so I am looking for ideas.

edit! Ah I see the picks. I want mine higher off the desk. I was at a shop and they had everything elevated with the longer polls. Looks like a good setup. Did you buy your parts from a specific vendor?

7. bought direct from ergotron...

one pole holds up the whole setup...

i bought 2 kits and added a few spare parts...

they have tech guys who will walk you through how it all works...

really nice guys with slide rules and pocket protecters...

they like what they do...

whole setup with 2nd day shipping was about 750.00

if you need more detail on what parts i can dig up the invoices if need be

8. TGM

TGM

I have never bought them directly from Ergotron. I did not know they have folks to help you put them together! Did they mention the longer poles to elevate everthing?

9. longer poles were available but the 22" pole works for me....

i sit with the split between the upper and lower row of monitors is at eye level..

if i went higher i would be looking up with my neck pressed backwards to my shoulders...ouch...

10. TGM

TGM

I got you. I like having my bottom monitors at least 6 inches off the desk. I tilt the top monitors down on an angle so I can glance at them. I got used to this on a trading desk were we had the CRT's on an angled platform looking down. I dont know if you have ever seen the trading desks prior to LCD's. But they all have these top shelfs were the CRT's sit on a downward sloping angle.

#10     May 9, 2005