4 Week High/Low Strategy

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by pclark, Aug 23, 2008.

1. pclark

pclark

I have been reading articles I found on Google about a simple strategy of buying the 4 week high and selling the 4 week low in the Forex.

Has anyone heard of this? There is someone by the name of Kelly Price that has written tons of articles about it with not advertising. They are just giving it as advice.

Any idea's?

2. Sounds like a good way to get your ass handed to you. Have you ever heard of head fakes?

3. Joab

Joab

Because the market knows when 4 weeks is up :D :D :D

Silly nonsense that people try and make up (usually in hindsight) instead of studying for years and understanding price/market behavior.

4. pclark

pclark

Thanks... I figured as much. Forex and active trading is new to me so I am pretty green.

Paul

5. It is known as a Donchian Breakout strategy and was pioneered by Richard Donchian in the 1950's. It is a trend trading strategy.

6. pclark

pclark

7. Trend trading strategies only work for traders that have a well defined set of rules and the discipline to rigidly follow the rules.

The vast majority of traders are not disciplined enough to be trend traders.

Read "The Complete Turtle Trader" by Michael W. Covel to gain an uderstanding of what it takes to be a trend trader.

8. pclark

pclark

Thanks... I will do that. I saw a few posts about turtle trading and someone said that after people started following it the strategy quit working for some reason. I am curious.

Paul