4 US hostages killed by pirates in Somalia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Feb 22, 2011.

1. I must first state that anyone stupid enough to be sailing in these waters doesn't get a whole lot of sympathy from me. That said, we should have been gunning down these pirates long ago. Pussies that we, are I don't expect much in the way of retaliation.

#21     Feb 22, 2011
  2. Pakistani woman commits suicide after US diplomat shooting

The wife of a Pakistani man shot and killed by a U.S. official committed suicide by eating rat poison Sunday, explaining before she died that she was driven to act by fears the American would be freed without trial, a doctor said.

The U.S. has demanded Pakistani authorities release the American, saying he shot and killed two armed men in self-defense when they attempted to rob him as he drove his car in the eastern city of Lahore. He was arrested on Jan. 27, and the U.S. has said he has diplomatic immunity and is being illegally detained.

The shootings have stoked anti-American sentiment in Pakistan, feelings that could be further inflamed by Shumaila Kanwal's suicide. She died several hours after being rushed to a hospital, said Ali Naqi, the doctor in Faisalabad city who treated her.

"I do not expect any justice from this government," said Kanwal in a statement recorded by the doctor before she died. "That is why I want to kill myself."

Kanwal also spoke to reporters after arriving at the hospital, saying "I want blood for blood."

"The way my husband was shot, his killer should be shot in the same fashion," she said.

Relatives of the men who were allegedly shot by Davis have participated in several protests in Lahore, including one Thursday outside the U.S. consulate where demonstrators shouted "Hang the American killer!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110206/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan

Forget that US diplomat and his immunity. He is history.

#22     Feb 22, 2011
  3. pspr

pspr

I agree. The poster has absolutely nothing to contribute.

#23     Feb 22, 2011
  4. Solution is simple. I would not land one boot on the ground. One carrier group of the coast running sorties day and night. The entire coast of Somalia would be in flames from the sea to 3 miles inland. After a week or two of that I'd send a message to those surviving. One more incident, and we kill every f'n one of you, and we won't lose a single man in the process.

#24     Feb 22, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

We don't have a good president.

:confused: Are you stupid?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LfXdaE7ph_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree, two problems though. Our government NEVER does anything simple. And dumbo is a Muslim loving spineless pussy.

#25     Feb 22, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

But aren't the pirates holding like 600 hostages right now? We can't kill the hostages along with the pirate communities.

#26     Feb 22, 2011
  7. Oh look, she agrees everyone. :D

#27     Feb 22, 2011
  8. That is a big problem.

One solution would be to seize every ship that leaves these pirate harbors. Blockade them in effect. How hard would that be?

And be absolutely merciless with them when they are caught at sea. No prisoners, no survivors, no trials.

Of course, there will be cries from the international human rights crowd and probably class action lawsuits.

#28     Feb 22, 2011
  9. #1. He was there on a Business Visa... He would have a diplomatic visa in order to asser immunity.

#2. He was a covert CIA operative.. a spy.

#3. He's now a burned spy... expendable intelligence asset.

#29     Feb 22, 2011
  10. unfortunately it looks like the hostages were killed during the rescue attempt so to jump all over obama for doing nothingis a bit off the mark.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/ne...lled_on_pirated_yacht_off_somalia.php?ref=fpc

"Our colleagues called us this morning, that they were being attacked by a U.S. warship," a pirate who identified himself as Mohamud told Reuters.

"The U.S. warship shot in the head two of my comrades who were on the deck of the yacht by the time they alerted us," Mohamud said. "This is the time we ordered the other comrades inside yacht to react -- kill the four Americans because there was no other alternative -- then our line got cut."

"The killing of those four Americans and our comrades is a fair game that has started. Everybody will react if his life is in danger. We should not agree to be killed and let the hostages be freed," a pirate called Hussein told Reuters from Hobyo, another Somali coastal pirate haven.

#30     Feb 22, 2011