$ 4 Trillion per day

Discussion in 'Forex' started by bearice, Dec 21, 2010.

1. eurotrash

eurotrash

#11     Dec 21, 2010
  2. Thats not only the case for retail firms. There was an article in Euromoney a few months ago on how efficiently single-bank platforms can internalize order-flow and have to rely less and less on external liquidity like EBS and so on. They said DB's Autobahn platform can internalize 60%+ of client-orders. I bet bigger retail firms who reach critical mass like Oanda can archive similar results.

The latest trend is that even big supra-nationals like BP start to internalize their own fx order-flow so that only a fraction of their orders have to be executed externally by banks or ats venues, thus reducing trading related costs.

The fact that a firm keeps an order internal isnt bad per se. From a client-perspective the question is, does the firm take on too much risk (which is impossible to determine in most cases) and does it affect their quoting (which is easy to verify).

#12     Dec 21, 2010
  3. #13     Dec 21, 2010
  4. Baron (Elitetrader owner) knows everything. If situation gets out of control I will post the information here.

Many big people (not Baron) are happy with me. I am not alone in this world.

Baron is also a big man.

#14     Dec 21, 2010
  5. Surprise

Surprise