$ 4 Trillion per day

Discussion in 'Forex' started by bearice, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Forex trading transactions are estimated $ 4 Trillion per day.

2. I honestly do not know how anybody can calculate these numbers accuratly. There is never a source for this information.

ES

3. Turnover in April 2010

Global foreign exchange market turnover was 20% higher in April 2010 than in April 2007, with average daily turnover of $4.0 trillion compared with $3.3 trillion. The increase was driven by the 48% growth in turnover of spot transactions, which represent 37% of foreign exchange market turnover. Spot turnover rose to $1.5 trillion in April 2010 from $1.0 trillion in April 2007.

http://www.bis.org/publ/rpfxf10t.pdf

4. Thanks for the report.

ES

5. dewton

dewton

With the 50:1 leverage cap implemented in the US in October 2010, is it still $4 trillion / day?

6. I read somewhere that 35% of world money is managed by Switzerland. Now I do not know what exactly this means. I do not have the website link. Could somebody please confirm this information.

7. Shagi

Shagi

Its from Interbank forex clearance system. Banks are the primary dealers.

8. So does that mean that when price matching WITHIN a retail forex dealer occurs this would be trading that is not counted as only the "net" is layed off from their trading desks?

Perhaps there is 20% more trading going on than reported...I just am pulling numbers out of the sky...maybe its more.

ES

9. That would mean Forex trading transactions are estimated $ 5 Trillion per day.

I think China GDP is $5 Trillion or $6 Trillion.

10. Shagi

Shagi

Most, if not all, retail accounts trade directly against the broker/bucketshop - The broker/bucketshop groups the the trades and either deals or hegdes with a bank or major institution etc, so retail activity eventually filters thru.

#10     Dec 21, 2010