4 trillion degress celsius

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Peilthetraveler is the living embodiment of how dangerous a thing a little knowledge can be. His is a cautionary tale. And how, exactly, did this thread find its way into P&R?

#11     Feb 16, 2010
  2. auspiv

auspiv

Temperature is a function of energy. Just because something is four trillion degrees celsius doesn't mean it will melt everything in sight. The upper atmosphere is a great example of the energy vs heat vs temperature discussion.

I'll just quote the thermosphere wikipedia entry here:

The highly diluted gas in this layer can reach 2,500 °C (4532°F) during the day. Even though the temperature is so high, one would not feel warm in the thermosphere, because it is so near vacuum that there is not enough contact with the few atoms of gas to transfer much heat. A normal thermometer would read significantly below 0 °C, due to the energy lost by radiation overtaking the energy acquired from the atmospheric gas by direct contact.

#12     Feb 16, 2010
  3. Sounds like you might have a problem with their math...but where does your OPINION indict all of SCIENCE? I missed that part :D

suggestion: submit your mathematical rebuttal in the interest of truth and science :D

i doubt that'll ever happen ahha :D

#13     Feb 16, 2010
  4. As peilthetraveler will surely tell you, the single answer to all science questions is: God. And it is self-evident, so no further explanation is necessary.

#14     Feb 16, 2010
  5. Why some people virtually foam at the mouth about 3 little letters is beyond me.

Grow up and get over it or go see your shrink and get meds for your OCD.

#15     Feb 16, 2010
  6. Do you maintain the same stand for radical Muslims who use the 3 letter word? :confused:

#16     Feb 16, 2010
  7. But Where is God when This stuff takes Place?

Maybe God is just some guy with lots of power and decided to make a Universe so he can watch for entertainment a bunch of people doing crazy stuff.

Kind of like some Galactic Reality TV show for God. or A game of Sims.

#17     Feb 16, 2010

8. Just because you speak for them does not mean I do too.

#18     Feb 16, 2010
  9. I speak for radical Muslims?? :confused:

Any answers to the original questions?

#19     Feb 16, 2010
  10. You might want to reconsider advertising that fact.

#20     Feb 16, 2010