4-Tick Scalping Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by schizo, Apr 30, 2010.

1. nothing is guaranteed, other than this statisical reality:

counter-trend fading using mile-wide stops to book +1pt ES is a 100% guaranteed failure over time. Inevitable that eventually a straight-trend smash will result in huge, unrecoverable loss.

Attempts at +4 tick CL "scalping" profit approach is not only ridiculous, it is outright dangerous to anyone else who even thinks for a moment it has long-term profitable potential with real money involved. Just try that one time in a big-trend CL session that rallies or plunges 400 cents past the entry with zero +4 tick retrace.

Few things in life or trading are certain. But those ludicrous upside-down skews for profit/loss are an absolute universal law of failure. Only shame of it being that some otherwise unknowing people will think some sort of merit exists there.

#41     May 4, 2010
  2. schizo

schizo

Flipped short 67.50

Out 66.5

#42     May 4, 2010
  3. schizo

schizo

short 69.5

#43     May 4, 2010
  4. schizo

schizo

Stopped out

#44     May 4, 2010
  5. LeeD

LeeD

Finally a scalping journal! Great to see someone brave enough to undertake this challenge.

If a post gets through with a substantial delay after the trade, can you please mention it in the future?

#45     May 4, 2010
  6. schizo

schizo

Short 70

#46     May 4, 2010
  7. schizo

schizo

Out 69

#47     May 4, 2010
  8. schizo

schizo

Thanks. But note that I ain't really a scalper and that this is NOT a permanent journal that I plan to keep updating. As noted above, I'm merely posting for testing purposes. However, if you're interested in adding value to the journal, be my guest.

Whenever I run into the 60-second limitation, I usually post the exit just below the entry, which indicates that the trade was closed out within 60-seconds.

#48     May 4, 2010
  9. schizo

schizo

long 65.75

Out 66.75

#49     May 4, 2010
  10. schizo

schizo

Short 66.50

#50     May 4, 2010