4 things the goverment can do right now to make the US economy Roar

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 1011011, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Bob111

Bob111

blah blah blah..it's all good...i agree with all of you without even reading..but here is the reality-

Why Is The Fed Hitting Community Banks With 'Too Big To Fail' Capital Standards?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankso...banks-with-too-big-to-fail-capital-standards/

---Those banks unable to meet the new standards will have to merge or be acquired in order to comply. Is the focus here to reduce the institutions in this country? ---

yes...and i've been saying very same thing after i saw WM 'fall'..it was something like5 years ago
    those actions remind me a Russia in lawless 90's..and we are moving forward at full speed....

the goal is same as it was with traders..kill the competition. not just some...but ALL OF THEM. and (as usual) the gvt is on their side. so maybe..just maybe..OWS is right(even if their goals and objectives are weak) and way ahead of rest of US?

#31     Jun 11, 2012
  2. 1011011

get the economy going and the banks will be flush with cash without having to merge and sell assets

how about the banks stay away from risky trading activities and stick to what they were meant to do in the first place. that way, they don't need to keep the billions of dollars that the government wants all the banks to hoard.

#32     Jun 12, 2012
  3. Bob111

Bob111

yep.. KISS. just let them die,if they f**d on some shit that they made out of thin air for themselves....don't scare us with 'too bid to fail shit'..let them FAIL..then you don't have to create any more roles,TARPS or whatever. let the capilism work this shit out without any intervention from any gvt.

#33     Jun 12, 2012
  4. Mayhem

Mayhem

I got one thing the gov't can do right now to make the US economy roar:

Corporate tax amnesty for multinationals repatriating funds back to the US to be re-invested inside the US.

#34     Jun 13, 2012
  5. HotTip

HotTip

The quickest way to get the economy going again is to deregulate the US energy industry, and most of it can be done with the stroke of a pen to allow the private economy to take over. Expand oil drilling in the deep see and on federal lands, green light Keystone XL, fast track new nuclear reactor construction, and take steps to liberalize the use of nat gas in vehicles.

This kind of energy plan will result in an explosion in high paying jobs, reduce the unemployment rate, create an abundance of cheap energy, reduce our reliance on middle east oil, reduce the trade deficit, increase direct investment on US soil, increase disposable income, increase tax revenues, and reduce the budget deficit. All of this accomplished without additional outlays by the government or increasing tax rates.

Obviously the longer term issues of reforming our tax structure and entitlements need to be done as well, but for the short to medium term an aggressive energy plan is such a no brainer it's ridiculous.

#35     Jun 13, 2012
  6. that's cool, and a very good way to mess up an economy is to dump millions of barrels of crude in a gulf.

#36     Jun 13, 2012