4 things the goverment can do right now to make the US economy Roar

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 1011011, Jun 10, 2012.

1. 1) Mandate the Forbes Flat Tax...Close the IRS and eliminate the accounting profession and surrounding infrastructures.

2) Replace the 179 deduction that would disappear with the Forbes Flat tax... with grants/incentives to all companies for 179 type of purchases.

3) Subsidize High Interest Long Term Savings Plans for retirement preparation. Mandate that a percentage of every dollar saved would go directly to paying down the national debt. This way people can get higher interest if they lock up their money in this program and at the same time prepare the country for future generations. Call it the "new investment" in the NRA National Rebalancing Act or maybe (SIA) Strength in America

4) Eliminate Obama care and the current system for profit and introduce a Non-Profit mandate for Hospitals. Also promote less duplication of equipment with incentives for development within certain demographics and mile radius's.

5) Vote for Ron Paul if he runs again which will take care of term limits and also restore what America is according to the founders. America is just too young to rebuild with these wild ideas from young visionaries that have no idea what they are wishing for.

As far as our debt...

1A) Mandate a two-tier plan addressing spending and repayment. Index government spending and also an accelerated debt re-payment to a percent of GDP or another benchmark that makes sense and cannot be monkied with. Also see #3 above. These programs/mandates/precepts must be enduring/permanent through each Presidents term.

#11     Jun 10, 2012
  2. I am getting a few private emails on this post above..

I think that in Chess that the person that looks the farthest ahead is the winner and what one of the winning strategies in Chess is... How far one looks ahead.

I understand that people lives and the government's role is not a game. Our founders strived to limit the size of government and foresaw some fundementals that would be necessary.

Countries looking farther ahead will overcome with their steadfastness towards their visions.

#12     Jun 10, 2012
  3. I think the sun is going to burn out in about 400 million years, so no point investing a lot in gardening supplies just yet

#13     Jun 10, 2012
  4. jem

jem

The reason liberals can't take that deal is that the are a small minority of the country. They get votes by spending tax payer dollars to get votes to support their anti market ideas. The people getting the handouts would move to the libertarian places with market economies. Everyone knows liberals concepts destroy business and wealth creation. Even the liberals would'nt stay in liberalville. They go whereever the money is. Get elected by giving money away and then rot that area to the core. They are the neutron bombs of cities on the coasts and in manufacturing areas.

#14     Jun 10, 2012
  5. It's the damn doctors, they keep telling us to eat more fruits and vegetables. Well heck, how you gonna eat fruits and vegeatables without the damn Mexicans to pick them? It's an endless cycle of decay. The only hope I see is if the country starts eating more dead pigs. Even a German can kill a pig, and they're not so bad, yeah, at one time they were, but not so bad anymore.

excellent analysis of the world there jem

can't wait to hear your next penetrating idea

By the way, you can put a bungee cord on that knee of yours to keep it from jerking

#15     Jun 10, 2012
  6. jem

jem

its looks like you had a knee jerk reaction to my summary of what liberals have done to east coast cities and california. (where I have grown up.)
    I watched them destroy New York and Washington D.C. I have seen them destroy the once libertarian state of California with massive giveaways, crazy spending and oppressive taxes. Now only about 1/3 of the people who live here even pay state income taxes.

#16     Jun 10, 2012
  7. I see your point..actuarial tables do matter.

eS

#17     Jun 10, 2012
  8. and it won't stop until the last private jet gets grounded and the last yacht gets skuttled

#18     Jun 10, 2012
  9. Where is my bungee cord...lol

#19     Jun 10, 2012
  10. well, it's all relative, especially time, wasn't that what Einstein said?

so, how far do you want to look ahead?

hey, just to the end of my life is cool with me

if you have kids (that you care about) your time horizon may be a bit longer

if you are trying to get re elected, your time horizon may be relatively short

#20     Jun 10, 2012