4 NYC Blacks Charged In Hate Crime Beating of Singer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pabst, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Never in my lifetime have I heard of an attack on black's by whites in Chicago. Certainly half of Chicago would be dangerous for a white person to be seen in. In the old days (prior to 1960) things were equally tough for blacks. No longer though. In fact most of the ethnic white blue collar enclaves are now Mexican.

#51     Jun 11, 2006
  2. Yes, the suggestion that Toronto is the world's most ethnically diverse city is pure delusion. It is incomprehensible that anyone could even think for one second that Toronto is the most ethnically diverse city in the world. Anyone who says that Toronto is the most ethnically diverse city in the world is just deluding himself. Even the idea that Toronto could possibly be the most ethnically diverse city in the world is laughable.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=most+...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

My last post to you here. Until the next time you decide to post some absurd racist screed. It's been fun schooling you.... again.

Oh yeah... so let me get this straight. You are claiming that you don't know why you were fired?? Is this what you are claiming?

out

#52     Jun 11, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Each one of those diversity claims references a quote by the U.N. Of course the United Nations is the arbiter of all....

#53     Jun 11, 2006
  4. Impressive sounding.

Is what you really meant you graduated with a major in Sociology? That's not quite as impressive.

Only the 'exceptions' to the genetic position aren't of that magnitude.

Really, what 'exceptions' are there to IQ being predictive of academic and socioeconomic outcome? That some individuals buck the excpectations is hardly an exception to the argument directed at group outcomes. Or what 'exceptions' are there to the argument that genes are significant component of IQ (~50%, but maybe higher)? How could there even be an exception to that (it's either true or false)?

#54     Jun 11, 2006
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I only offered the personal info as a way to give my claim to have read that book some plausibility. But now you have me curious, why is the one way of expressing it more, or less "impressive" than the other?

#55     Jun 11, 2006
  6. Well if you were "trained as a sociologist" then it sort of suggests that you might have also worked as a sociologist, or done research as a sociologist or studied sociology at grad level. Simply stating that you majored in it does't carry the same suggestiveness, and we all know that passing courses in sociology isn't exactly a herculean task.

#56     Jun 11, 2006
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Ahh, ok, gotcha. Glad I didn't specify, I hate epeen contests. By the way, what degree(s) do you hold? (Ok, maybe a little epeen contest...)

#57     Jun 11, 2006
  8. Haha, none. You're better than me. :)

(I've made several starts, in comp sci, econ, math, but have quit for various reasons, none of them good, but never from academic difficulty.)

#58     Jun 11, 2006
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Damn, here I was hoping you were going to mention one of the hard sciences so I could say, "you know, I found those courses a snap. Definite answers. What's tough is arguing if abortion is right or wrong." :D

#59     Jun 11, 2006
  10. Well, I had math there. Did you find that a snap?

I'm probably deluding myself, but I'm going to take another shot at finishing that math degree next year. (But I'll probably drop ot again - I guess it's genetic. :))

#60     Jun 11, 2006